TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. partyMcFly

partyMcFly Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Rolled back driver. No fix. The problem persists outside of games, even on launch of system (hard drive is encrypted, on encrypted screen flickering persists)

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Have you tried positioning the display at different angles to see if the flickering problem changes for better or worse?

Did I understand correctly that the flickering does not occur with the display output on an external monitor?

3. partyMcFly

Reputations:
    Correct. The flickering is native to the laptop's panel. It also does not change based on positioning/angle. The screen stays fairly dim also, so as you increase the brightness, the flickering persists, does not change, and the screen does not increase in brightness.

4. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Seems like your backlight is dying, hence the flicker and not changing in intensity.

Contact your seller if you still have warranty, because thats a display malfunction.

5. shtooka

shtooka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That not depends from soft, if you have flickering even in bios, that is hardware. Try my method one more time. Up and down brightness from 0 to 10% until you can adjust to 20% without a problem, after from 0 to 20, until 30% etc. I resolve this and all is working good about 5 months.
    In my case, that was some voltage supply chip on motherboard, cause i installed second screen and it didnt help.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. Frits@LaptopParts4Less

Frits@LaptopParts4Less Company Representative

Reputations:
    We have the same brightness issue with a TongFang GK5CP0Z. Our customer got this after connecting VR glasses. We have tried everything, but no solution.

I guess the screen needs to be replaced?

Mr. Fox likes this.
  7. Chuckcoon

Chuckcoon Newbie

Reputations:
    Long time lurker, first time poster and happy owner of a OP15+ with the 1060. I have the same problem as some of you have, my screen can't go past 10% without strobing like crazy. It seems to be a display issue, because I don't have this problem if I connect it to an external display. I live in Europe and can't send it to Wallmart for warranty. Am I condemned to using this as a desktop?

em0ney14 and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. partyMcFly

Reputations:
    I have really enjoyed this computer. It's disappointing to hear so many with the same issue. If warranty fails I wonder which direction I'll go next. I am not a huge fan of these ultra-thin high powered machines, I might look into something more chunky that is base-line portable but with better cooling/internals. Any good suggestions?

em0ney14 and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    It's hard to love thin and light notebooks, at least for me. They require too many compromises and unless you literally require something thin and light (which most people do not) due to some sort of physical consideration they're not a good option. The main attraction to this one is the low price rather than form factor.

Perhaps something like this: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-g-owners-lounge.831618/page-26#post-10998923

10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Perhaps you could explain in more detail what worked for your situation.

Did you guys already try what worked for @shtooka?