TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. shtooka

shtooka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Found a solution to keep hidden settings from xmg 1.09 and use unlocked OP 1.05. That need for me to:
    Have a 45-56W power limits in office/standard mode
    Have a passive cooling up to 67*C CPU degrees in standard mode, if i dont run games, fans not run at all and i having 40-55*C max. For some reasons with just OP bios, on 1.33-1.38 EC version fans is uncontrollable for tongfang soft and very loud with no loading, even if temp is 40*C.
    Have a light bar options in gamingcenterU, to off light bar when i use laptop from battery. That option is missing if i run mechrevo or OP bios.
    Have in fan button not fan boost, but changeable office/gaming mode, i just turned on fan boost in gaming mode in center to have 45-56W with passive cooling in usual daily tasks and 55-65W with fan boost in games. Just with 1 click.
    Some features u can get through third party apps OFC or unlock xmg bios, but i tryed and it does not work for me.

If you want this, just flash xmg bios and run ECwrite from their site and after that flash any bios what you want. Settings will reset to your current bios if you will reset battery power through 10 sec pressing power button or reset bios battery. That strange feature and it explains why some people had problems even they update bios 1-1.5 years ago. That not depends from form of flashing, through windows/bios(capsule variant, like it written on .bat file), but maybe flashing with EFI will reset settings, i not checked it.

With unlocked bios i got undervolt core and uncore, turned off sata controller because i use 2 nvme drives, turned off intel management engine (minix OS inside CPU with no user access), good or not, it had some impact on battery life i believe and now its not.

2. idoit

idoit Newbie

Reputations:
    @shtooka Thanks for this information.

If people can help me with previous post (last page), I'd really appreciate. Thank you.

3. shtooka

shtooka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What gaming center a u using? It can be some soft, like GPU waking to full load or something provokes high consumption. I faces it a few times when electricity is suddenly off. Or maybe something other, who knows. Maybe hardware problem. Try to run stresstest when you boot while plugged and unplug. If system is off it means cut-off on current from battery. Whose fault i dont really know.

All i could, already write you. I doubt someone helps you except Lost N BIOS, need to wait his answer. But if you do it, like he says, is desirable to have a bios programmer, just in case.

4. imglidinhere

imglidinhere Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox !!!

I changed the battery like you requested, the strobing from the screen is gone. :D

But good lord, it cost about as much to build the desktop I use now as it did to repair the laptop! O___O; In any case, I have a machine with killer specs for when I go visit friends and such. ^_^ Big shout out to you and @B0B for all the help! :D

EDIT:

OKAY SO, strobing returns as temps rise! I have no idea of how this affects the issue or the repair-potential of the system now, but as temps dip below 60s, I can push the brightness up to full almost, though I usually leave it at 60-70%, but as it pushes into the mid-80s, where it usually sits, brightness usually goes down to 30-40%. Satisfactory was the game tested. Will test other games. >.<

Bleh...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. olhan

olhan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

i'm a new to this forum and also a happy owner of Tongfang GK5CP6Z2 that I've just recently purchased.

I was navigating through this thread over and over again but wasn't able to find answers to some of my questions. I would really appreciate if you could help me with below:

1) What BIOS should I install or should i stay at v1.0
    2) How can i boost sound in this laptop? for some reason i cannot get up and running sound blaster app
    3) Anything else i should do with the laptop get most out of it? I've undervolted it, using throttlestop and MSI Afterburner and I'm waiting for Kryonaut to arrive to repaste it

6. xantrk

xantrk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    About 2:
    I completely uninstalled realtek drivers and soundblaster software, and have been using stock windows " High Definition Audio" drivers with Equalizer APO and the results are much better than stock in my opinion. Peace GUI makes it easy to adjust and using Dance preset gives quite good bass with balanced mids and highs. Most importantly, this drivers allows selecting speakers manualy when the headphone is connected.

7. imglidinhere

imglidinhere Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, even though my machine is older, I had to do some serious tweaking and driver maintenance in order to get truly best performance out of the machine. It's pretty staggering how much you need to do in order to get reasonable performance (for the money) out of this line, though the pay-off is well worth it. :D

8. xantrk

xantrk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. stesteste

stesteste Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Don’t know if could be helpful but today I repaired my laptop’s (GK5CN6Z) keyboard by changing the flat cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard. I used a standard AWM 20624 cable 40 pins, 20,5mm wide, 150mm long with same side connectors that you can easily find on Amazon, Ebay, AliExpress. Had tu bend it like the original one.
    My keyboard was completely dead (no inputs and no backlight) probably because the battery swelled and pushed the cable against the back cover damaging it.
    To access the connector keyboard side I had to completely remove the heatsink and the motherboard.
    C9AEFD26-59A2-461E-BB53-2C06A0CFDBD0.jpeg
    An image of the chassis without the motherboard, haven’t find one on the net.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    B0B and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. yayo685

yayo685 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How long did you have the computer for before the battery swelled? Also did you have the 4 cell or 3 cell battery?

I just got this 4 cell less than a year ago and I haven't had any issues, battery life has been great too so now you have me worried. The 2 year warranty on this thing is going to be up soon too for me.