TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. stephanm74

stephanm74 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    this video was just a thing which happened once, similar to my bsod actually freezing (lol), thanks for your advice anyways!

hmm interesting. my conclusion was that i must be some of the soldered components, since i upgraded ram and ssd recently, or some kind of windows update driver. how did you get rid of it on your machines? ill keep your keycombo in mind and try it out next time it happens, tyvm!

edit: machine crashed again on startup (when the overpowered logo was showing up); could it still be the failure of loading the optimus driver?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  2. shtooka

shtooka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah. I found a best variant. In ECO and balance mode with basic cooling option, fans not spinning until CPU temperature will not reach to 67*C and off when 50-55. Noise more silent too, if i do something middle loading for cpu/gpu. In passive cooling surface above keyboard is quite hot, but it prolongs fans life, when they dont run for no reason. I have this lap 1 year and 1 fan already is scrathing and gives vibration when hard spinning.

Who needed a model of fan thats Sunon EG50060S1-C380-S9A DC 5V 2,25 W
    On aliexpress also freely is on sale 62wh battery https://aliexpress.com/item/32967815926.html almost receive mine.

3. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Have you found any replacement keyboards, or keycaps by chance?

4. shtooka

Reputations:
    Nope. I searched taobao and not found too. But why you needed keycaps? I dont think they manufacture it to repair services at all. But if you need some cable, it have a part number, try google on that.
    These models may be help, thats gk5cn6z too - mechrevo z2, machenike f117-b6, maibenben yingren z6. Try to write them http://hk.maibenben.cn/bottom/about_100000003637174.html maybe you can contact with their service and it helps. Others variants i dont see.

5. imglidinhere

imglidinhere Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Alright got around to testing that and, yes it does stop flickering if the battery is unplugged. All brightness levels.

Would that be a bad battery or would that be something like a capacitor? o~o

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Well, it is awesome that the problem is identified more than ever before. I am very glad that this suggestion provided a useful clue, as it seems that you were really struggling with that, and understandably so.

My guess would be that replacing the battery would fix it. The battery may have some kind of a short that is causing an abnormal level of EMI which is affecting the display. Did the problem return when you reconnected the battery as well?

If it is still under warranty, I would contact the vendor that sold it to you. The easiest thing to try would be swapping the battery and seeing if that resolves it, but it would suck to spend the money on a new battery to find the problem is not resolved. (If you bought it from Walmart, they might even exchange it if it is still under warranty and you have the receipt.)

If replacing the battery does not resolve this, it may need a new mobo or a component replaced. There may be some kind of fuse or capacitor that replacement would solve, but I don't know if the vendor would have the ability to trace/isolate that and they might opt to just replace an otherwise perfect mobo.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    em0ney14 likes this.
  7. xantrk

xantrk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have tried this version and it turns off the display upon logging on. Needs mouse movement to re-open. Do you have the same?

8. shtooka

Reputations:
    Nope. The good news is that, gamingcenterU is free from managing windows perfomance profile at all. Try turn on and off an option "power source for display" maybe that accidentally is running and program is bugged.

9. shtooka

Reputations:
    Hmmm. I haved latest XMG bios and EC and today i run ECWRITE from their support page. That changed my fan button from fan boost to gaming/office mode selection but no one has stated this. If i want return previous function back i need to flash OP bios and possible even EC, and upgrade to XMG again, i think.

Who knows what hidden changes can we do with that.

And anybody knows how to prolong battery life more than our 10-15W/h drain? Why U processors are so autonomous. I found intel DPTF in unlocked bios and its working with dell drivers. Maybe something can help us.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  10. shtooka

Reputations:
    Today i got 62wh battery and tryed testing but first i failed, my discharge was 18-20Wh with no reason. It turns out, all fault of high consumption is version of intel graphics from windows update. I deleted it throught DDU and downloaded latest from intel. Btw i noticed, without intel driver display is more contrast, that strange. Now i back discharge rate like it was before.

Thats 10.5-12.5W/h discharge in idle on desktop and browser with 100% keyboard brightness and 70% display.
    If i turn off keyboard light thats reduces consumption to 7.8-9W/h even with 70% display brightness.
    And if i set screen brightness to 0% thats 5.2-7W/h. It turns out, we have a good autonomy, comparable with U-processor laptops. 5-6 hours in browser with 70% screen is freely available.
    555.png