TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. 2no1self

2no1self Newbie

Reputations:
    h

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  2. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sorry i took so long to reply.

I currently have a youtube vid playing at 1080p60 on Opera GX at 30% brightness and throttlestop with a very aggressive undervolt. Its currently showing me at a couple percent in C8, like around 2 to 4% and that translates to me getting about 4 hours of battery

3. Khovic

Khovic Newbie

Reputations:
    So I recently watched B.O.A.T's review of the MAX 17 and it appears they have some solid bios and control center features we didn't get.
    It made me wonder, What are the chances we can use MAX bios and CC on the newer version of this chassis? (RTX\1660ti)

4. Kimberly A. de Oliveira

Kimberly A. de Oliveira Newbie

Reputations:
    hey guys... i have Tongfang GK5CP6Z,could you help me install the appropriate keyboard control software (gaming center what name?) for this

5. AyoMayo

AyoMayo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Here you go, a standard one from Eluktronics.

https://www.eluktronics.com/Mech-1660-9thGen-Drivers/

6. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Most if not all TF CCs are cross compatible, will have a list of CC's I've used on my old-gen TF 17" that work with the new CCs as well as the prev-custom CC. http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/tongfang-gk7cn6s-gk7cp0s-gk7cp7s.825461/page-144

7. shtooka

shtooka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    https://www.eluktronics.com/content/Drivers/MAX/GamingCenterU_1.1.0.6_STD.zip

Very recommend to use, that a latest version CC i seen. Eco mode 25w, balance 45-56, perfomance 55-65 (i use latest xmg bios/ec, settings may be different for you). And as it seemed for me, it fixing EC bug (when you close hard for GPU game and fans spinning on 100%, logic of EC is based on GPU temperature, but because we have optimus, GPU monitoring is off and fans is sticking on their percent until you dont run any GPU waking like open geforce panel or sort of. Or not, but that CC have additional keyboard color settings, can adjust color bar sleeping time etc.

xantrk and genexis_x like this.
  8. xantrk

xantrk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Seems to work fine on my Turkish Monster branded RTX2060 - 9750h notebook. I didnt get what does night mode or light bar sleep options do though, do you have any ideas?
    Power limits seem to be: 25-30-35 (xtu stress test) for eco, solid 35 for with eco turned off, 55- 65 for performance mode.

9. CocoLoco

CocoLoco Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Can anyone comment on whether their Mag-15 has circuit whine?

10. shtooka

shtooka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Night mode i think, that depends from hardware or bios, eluktronics max have membrane keyboard and maybe some differences, doesnt work for me too.
    Sleep options is off light bar when you not using a laptop.

Wrong thread, but every laptop have electronic noise from motherboard, ssd's and even iGPU when it hard works in browser. Abnormally whine, i dont heard of mag15.

xantrk likes this.