TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. 2no1self

2no1self Newbie

Reputations:
    works thank you!
    just the on board card but the idea annoyed me that there was an update

2. abraham3991

abraham3991 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys i know this has been out for a while and ive had mine around the first time it sold out(about one year ago).
    Im having some thermal issues I mostly play fortnite and my computer gets way hotter than it should 90C+ i have mechrevo bios.
    Is there any reason i should be gettin that hot just playing fortnite any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. Prerana

Prerana Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    are you using throttlestop? Is it reaching lower c7 sleep states? cos mine never goes below c3. I have tried multiple fresh windows install. I maybe missing something

4. Prerana

Prerana Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the exact same issue on 17" model, I hope someone finds a solution since my battery doesnt last more than 2 hours

5. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Same. Even just DDU-ed the intel drivers and nothing is working for me. 2 and a half hours at most on the bigger battery with really high C states and power draw in the region of 11 to 15w on battery

6. mat89

mat89 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  7. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks so much for linking that. I can confirm that it is the Nvidia driver causing the massive package power draw. Just DDU-ed and am sitting on less than 5w idle plugged in

edit: Getting around that level of power draw on battery as well. Am i doing something wrong?

edit 2: Did that work around with 441.41 and i have my battery life back. Lowest C state is C8 and getting less than 2w idle on battery and plugged in

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    unclewebb likes this.
  8. xantrk

xantrk Newbie

Reputations:
    One question, for higher C states like C8, nothing should be running right? Even not a browser?

Also anyone with power draw issue, background tasks of rivatuner statistics and MSI Afterburner was the offenders for me. I quit them as soon as I am on battery and immediately fixes power draw. I think their monitoring wakes gpu up when not needed. OP mentions about similar behaviour but it is about applying overclock, not just sitting there and monitoring. Which latter also causes the issue of power draw.

9. stephanm74

stephanm74 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    does any of you know if it is possible to run the laptop without the battery in it? i want to get some data of the 2.5" drive, but would rather not reverse my battery mod (putting the small battery back in). welp, if nobody knows ill just try.

edit: figured i could just plug in the battery and the drive at the same time if i leave the backlid open.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020 at 7:00 AM
  10. SnoopKatt

SnoopKatt Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I have the Overpowered OP-LP2 flavor of this laptop, and I'm having some trouble with it after having it for about a year. Whenever I run a program after a while, I get these squares all over my screen (it happens whether I am using the laptop screen or an external monitor, or both). The squares move around as the image behind the monitor moves, and interestingly the mouse can scroll over them. If I am just browsing the web, it takes about 30 minutes or so for it to happen, but if I am doing anything graphically intensive (e.g. Unity development, 3D gaming, etc.), it'll happen very quickly. Sometimes it happens just to the application, while other times it'll happen to all applications and even the desktop. I have enabled and disabled the GTX 1060, uninstalled, reinstalled and updated drivers, and just did a factory reset (including all settings wiped) of Windows 10, and the issue is still here. This happens whether the laptop is plugged in or on battery, and even if I have no peripherals attached. Normally I can figure these things out, but I'm pretty stumped on this one. Any ideas? I'm curious if the RAM is suspect. I attached an image of what the issue looks like.

Edit: RAM replacement did not fix it :(

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020 at 2:57 AM