TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. shtooka

shtooka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    When i read your conversations with others, i got the impressions like you talking about different wattages and see them from other sources, one seeing W discharging, other seeing W TDP with power supply. In my case i noticed sometimes when i dont starting gaming center, my idle TDP is normal, but center is running its minimum 5-10w TDP from CPU. Today is no difference. With any bioses my discharging on idle 12.5w per hour with 70% brightness, 100% keyboard brightness and bar too. Windows mode choosen for 'better battery'. CPU TDP is 1.3-1.6W. From power is about 2W with balanced mode.

I haved 15-20W discharging, that was a bug with realtek cardreader, like someone says there, but i downloaded driver from OP page and all is OK. Maybe you have too. What is nvidia USB i dont even know, i just install videodriver only.

mat89 likes this.
  2. shtooka

Reputations:
    After all it is necessary to refuse from fan controlling. 35w mode turn out is hotter than 55, because fan can kick only to 70% max speed, and i have 85-89*C GPU in last COD, with auto no more than 80*C. I still wait my IC diamond, situation will be better, i think and TDP i can to low in XTU.

3. mat89

mat89 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm looking at CPU power draw only, with either Throttlestop or HWInfo I get the same readings. Nvidia USB drivers comes both Microsoft and Nvidia, here it is:
    upload_2020-1-2_12-5-19.png

I almost sure you have the same devices on your computer, but for some reason you get right CPU power draw on idle.. Maybe core root of my problem is elsewhere..?

4. shtooka

Reputations:
    I dont have that.
    5.png

mat89 likes this.
  5. boggi

boggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @XMG
    just ordered this great piece add your new bestware store (XMG NEO 15).
    I ordered it without Wifi card since I already have on. I am just curious now, if there are still the wifi cables in the laptop and so I have only to adapt my own Wifi-Card or does this laptop is now delivered without any wifi cables and so I have to buy some and adapt them somehow?
    Cheers and my apologies for this maybe little weird question

6. Gramthug

Gramthug Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    as far as i know the cables are already there. you only need to install the card and put the cables on it.
    Most of the laptops I've seen have their cables from the wifi chip to the top of the display. this gives you the best performance and fewer components that can disrupt the signal.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  7. boggi

boggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok cool, thanks alot for your answer!

8. mat89

mat89 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Update: I got Intel driver update in Windows Update today and 12W idle power draw issues seems to be fixed, at least on battery, when dGPU is not active and external monitor is not connected. I got 0.5-2W on idle. Yay!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  9. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    what intel driver are you talking about? igpu or other intel components?

10. mat89

mat89 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    upload_2020-1-4_17-46-44.png

alexnvidia likes this.