TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    can u even get phobya nanogrease in KL? my undervolt is -120mV for core and -120mV for cache. i can't go that low for core. -200mV is really low, which explain why your CPU is only around 85C for the hottest core.

I felt that CM master gel maker is not that great too. initially after repaste the temps are good. but as the weeks go by, the 3 hottest cores temps will also rise drastically. if you were running at -100mV, you'll be thermal throttling now with that heatsink imbalance

2. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Oo interesting stuff. I'll try again later tonight with the - 100mv. Its not ideal but its the next best option from Kryonaut. I'm not too sure where to get my hands on GC Extreme and IC Diamond has scratched my chip dies before so i dont want to risk my warranty with it

May have a friend coming back from the US so most likely it will come from FrozenCPU

edit: Even with the - 200 offset my cores are still pulling about 1.1v. So i think i can still get it down some more. My cache is very picky. Lowest i can get is - 85mv

3. Gramthug

Gramthug Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    first: excuse my bad english :D

C0: 78c
    C1: 80c
    C2: 81c
    C3: 83c
    C4: 77c
    C5: 81c

TSBench 1024 runs at 3.9 Ghz.
    Undervolted Core/Cache by -125mv.
    Repasted with Liquid Metal (around 4-5 weeks ago)

my notebook is the tongfang gk5cn6z (i7-8750h, gtx1060)

note: before i have used LM, i tried to repaste with arctic mx4 and kryonaut but the results were not good.

I have uploaded some screenshots: kryonaut vs. Conductonaut (liquid metal)
    https://imgur.com/a/xNglT2u

Master-DXT and Jared_T like this.
  4. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would love to go LM on my machine but it will void my reseller's warranty which is pretty stupid

5. GueZzzt

GueZzzt Newbie

Reputations:
    Anybody know, where i can get motherboard schematic diagram for this laptop?
    Mine is GK5CP6X but the closest models is fine too.

6. elgreco14

elgreco14 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is some next level stuff.

[​IMG]
    Buying the old model would be pretty dumb at this point. This thing weight is only 1.55 KG! Insane.

7. genexis_x

genexis_x Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Illegear always list weight below the actual weight, add another 100-150g will do

8. Master-DXT

Master-DXT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Our temperatures are somewhat identical, the i7 8750h is a hot head. Play FarCry New Dawn and watch it go even higher.

Gramthug likes this.
  9. Gramthug

Gramthug Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i have tested several games since i have this notebook, but not New Dawn. So far i can tell that NFS Heat was one game which burned the cpu (94 degrees). but there was a 100%-cpu-load bug in the game. as i fixed it via config-file, temps never went above 85 degrees.

but sometimes even in apex legends hwinfo shows a peak of 89 degrees. i think this is because windows is doing some stuff in the backround, which causes more cpu load. anyway the 8750h is a really hot head, which is why I chose LM. it can lower the temps by 10-15 degrees. this is what i needed, if the next really hot summer comes.

Master-DXT likes this.
  10. Master-DXT

Master-DXT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ludicrous temperatures. Usually Windows 10 doesn’t preform heavy tasks when in use, only when idling. I use ThrottleStop and have the ‘Turbo Boost Long Power Max’ set on 45WATT max, this helps. Don't want the CPU to draw too much power when the GPU is sucking up 80WATT.

I firmly believe that LM is mandatory to cool the cursed chip, else you might roast the surrounding chips near the CPU, which by the way happened to me, had to claim warranty once before! C:

stephanm74 likes this.