TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm not 100% able to confirm this is true but based on the following the photos (source NOTEBOOKCHECK reviews), here is the 17" old gen chassis with the small 3 cell battery, https://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/_processed_/9/6/csm_xmgneo15_22_dba282498a.jpg Now here's the next gen 15" TF chassic https://www.notebookcheck.net/filea...MG_Fusion_15_XFU15L19/SchenkerFusion15_19.jpg

The next 15" gen is at 20mm as thickest point, the old gen 15" is at 22mm. Battery connector is the same, save 14.4V.
    New possible upgrade? Maybe...

stephanm74 likes this.
  2. Khovic

Khovic Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, I finally got around to trying your suggestions (Thank you!). So far, using throttlestop 8.70.6 with "FIVR - Disable and Lock Turbo Power Limit" enabled I was able to get slightly better battery life and lower temps.
    ThrottleStop worked flawlessly, The main difference between now and my previous not-so successful attempt with throttlestop on this laptop is that I previously I was using version of Control Center from Eluktronics, As opposed to newer one from XMG this time.
    Also I can't recall if I had FIVR - Disable and Lock Turbo Power Limit enabled previously so that might've been the issue.

Right now throttlestop works perfectly for me and I'm able to get ~5 hours of regular use with the 64wh battery. I even ended up deleting Control Center entirely.
    Once again thank you for your help and creating this brilliant piece of software.

Right now the only issue I have with my GK5CP6Z is the unnecessarily aggressive fan profile, anyone had similiar experience?

unclewebb likes this.
  3. yayo685

yayo685 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just got the old 4 cell damn, although I thought that someone on this thread reached out to a rep that told them it wouldn't fit. Thats the battery if anyone wants to give it a shot, based off the pictures of the 4 cell in this thread our chassis does have some room left on the sides and I can confirm the same.

https://www.laptop-battery-shop.com...vD_BwE&zenid=74a3c5157ae0ab7b9782c5354ccae597

stephanm74 likes this.
  4. Khovic

Khovic Newbie

Reputations:
    There's the same model available for less on aliexpress (59$ during sale) :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_8,searchweb201603_52

stephanm74 likes this.
  5. 2no1self

2no1self Newbie

Reputations:
    the battery Bob of all Trades used/recommended here

is back in stock. I had reached out in email to them months ago, and recently got a email FROM them saying it was in stock.
    seems like most excellent service. Ordered mine just now 7-10 days delivery

Sent: Monday, October 28, 2019 5:25:51 AM
    To:
    Subject:
    Re: restock ?

Hi,
    The battery will come next month, please book it soon.

Thanks,
    Julie

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  6. yayo685

yayo685 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    After upgrading the battery, it looks like battery life is much better! A little over 8 hours running on 1 step higher than the lowest brightness and with me doing some web design with the cpanel. I used to get about 4-5 hours on the battery with the 3 cell.

Attached Files:

7. john2john

john2john Newbie

Reputations:
    Can anyone recommend USB-C charger for the 15" ?

Side note- I was getting blue screens of death, even after reloading Win 10.
    Thought it was the hard drive, but it turned out to be the Intel Wireless driver.
    Told Windows to update it, it did, and no problems since.

8. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    They don't support USB-C power delivery.

9. eazymizi

eazymizi Newbie

Reputations:
    yayo685 likes this.
  10. 2no1self

2no1self Newbie

Reputations:
    DONE with trying to get the battery upgrade.
    Order was canceled
    Supplier says the battery did not meet quality expectations.

just gonna ride this system out with its ram and hard drives updated till I pass it along to the kid.
    who will love it.