TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. stesteste

stesteste Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes I think so. Maybe in your case it’s not the battery the cause but the cable is damaged too. Initially moving the cable fixed the issue till restarting the pc, than only for few minutes and now it doesn’t work anymore.

Does anyone know if keyboard’s cable is directly soldered into the keyboard or has a connector? In case It should be possible to replace only the cable.

2. clone1008

clone1008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well the next issue is finding a replacement keyboard and or battery. I have no idea where to start and I like you can't be without my laptop for 15 days, I use it for business.

3. Gramthug

Gramthug Newbie

Reputations:
    @clone1008

i have the same problem with the keyboard since last week. i played a bit apex while it stopped working. first i thought it was only the light, but the keyboard stopped at all. i also opened the laptop to check the cable and after this, it worked for about 1 second. then it died completly. so i had to send it back to the manufacturer/assembler which is in my case Schenker (Germany). My Laptop is the XMG NEO 15 from Oktober 2018.

now i'm a week without my book and i think it will take another week to get it fixed.

PS: my battery looks pretty good, nothing swollen or so. i have no idea what the hell happend to the keyboard or the cable. also i dont think that the keyboard connector is soldered to the board. it should be the normal connector on the other side of the board. i found someone who sells parts from this laptop, but i think only 2B2.

https://www.fortunetechnology.com/fortune-spares/12141/

4. Gramthug

Gramthug Newbie

Reputations:
    well, my laptop returned today after 8 days (including weekend). they fixed it for free by changing the mainboard. now i have to repaste again with LM, but thats no problem. i'm glad Schenker/XMG has such a good and fast support.

Mr. Fox and clone1008 like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Gears 5 benchmark...
    [​IMG]
    Puget Systems Photoshop Benchmark
    ps794.6.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Papusan likes this.
  6. alexsox

alexsox Newbie

Reputations:
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  7. Khovic

Khovic Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Mr.Fox, First of all thanks for the detailed review and posts regarding this laptop, really helpful for the rest of the community.
    I noticed that your later posts tend to have significantly lower temps than your original review, could you explain what made the difference?
    I am running the CPU at 35w and repasted with liquid metal both the CPU and GPU (1660ti) and during gaming load cpu temps get up to 90c.
    Another thing I noticed is that a few people encountered (myself included) an issue with ThrottleStop which significantly reduces battery life (by as much as 75%)
    but you didn't mention it so I assume you didn't had such issues?

Anyway thanks a lot for your updates looking forward the next ones.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Hi bro. You're welcome. Glad to contribute. I appreciate you letting me know you found the posts to be helpful.

Depending on what benchmarks you were looking at, if the temps were crazy low it might have been running on portable AC cooling. I have liquid metal on the CPU and GPU and running max fans while gaming I still see low to mid 80's. If I were in a warmer environment I have no doubt that it would easily hit 90°C. But, I am pulling way more than 35W from the CPU. More like between 80-90W.

If you are using ThrottleStop to get the most performance from the CPU it is going to dramatically reduce battery life. However, you can create a total of four profiles change the settings to focus on battery life. I almost never run on battery power and the thought of testing that and commenting never crossed my mind. I have the larger battery and the couple of time I used it on battery power (sitting in the airport terminal) it was something like 2.5 hours with ThrottleStop set to use the same High Performance power profile I use for everything else.

9. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    Can you post some more details about what sort of testing you did? Was it a fair apples to apples comparison? A 75% difference is pretty significant. ThrottleStop by itself should make virtually no difference to power consumption. It is not a significant consumer of CPU cycles.

If you are using ThrottleStop to under volt your CPU core and cache, it will be consuming less power compared to how it was shipped from Intel.

If you are using ThrottleStop to get the most out of your CPU and then you try to do some gaming on battery power and add an Nvidia GPU to the load, you are probably going to damage your battery in a short period of time. Most batteries in gaming oriented laptops are only intended for light duty use. High current draw can quickly damage any battery.

A more appropriate name for a gaming laptop would be portable laptop. Yes, you can use it between Point A and Point B but for any serious use, you need to have it plugged in.

Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  10. Khovic

Khovic Newbie

Reputations:
    Sounds odd I know, Didn't had such issues with my older 7700HQ Helios 300 or X230 thinkpad.
    With my current GK5CP6Z I had the dGPU manually disabled and CPU power limit at 15w(battery profile) and settings like Speed Shift at 200.
    From some reason my 62wH battery drained really quickly even at minimal brightness and load (CPU never exceeded 15w and dGPU was completely off)
    Also had an issue where sometimes the CPU PL suddenly became capped at 30w with no way to increase it except restarting the laptop.
    What eventually fixed the issue for me was deleting the Control Center app, ThrottleStop, and any related registries.
    Once I had done that I could reinstall Control Center and it worked fine but Reinstalling ThrottleStop reintroduced said issues.
    It seems like there is some sort of a conflict between the two programs considering I never had any issues with ThrottleStop on different machines.
    I'll do some more testing to see maybe I can find specific settings that cause the problems.
    My model is the Eluktronics G2Rx with 1660Ti.