TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. imglidinhere

imglidinhere Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @B0B This is exactly what happens. I know you're a busy guy and you can't always help out, but you tested this machine pretty damn extensively. Are there any guaranteed upgraded BIOS versions I can update mine to that might alleviate this issue?

2. B0B

B0B B.O.A.T.

Reputations:
    I’m so disconnected from the OP laptops I wouldn’t be of much help. I haven’t had one in my hands since December.

What about the enthusiasts on these forums who’ve tried to install relevant BIOS on their laptops?

3. CityAceE

CityAceE Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone!

Probably somebody can help me. I have three Tongfang laptops. They are:

1. GK5CN5Z (Intel Core i7 + GTX 1050Ti 4Gb) - https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/46a27906acf23330/156-noutbuk-zet-ward-m105-cernyj/
    2. GK5CN4Z (Intel Core i7 + GTX 1050 4Gb)
    3. GI5CN4E (Intel Core i5 + GTX 1050 2Gb) - https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/3ef84561acf13330/156-noutbuk-zet-ward-m103-cernyj/

The first and the second laptops are almost the same. They are flashed by the same BIOS (customized 1.01) + EC (1.36.09). However, behavior of the hardware button located close to power button is different. It switches on/off Fan Boost in GK5CN5Z and GI5CN4E, but it switches Game/Office mode in GK5CN4Z!

I’ve reset BIOS setting to default, reinstall Windows and Control center, but result is the same. I need to make hardware button switches Fan Boost mode in GK5CN4Z too. Has anybody some ideas?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  4. Funkyfrenchie

Funkyfrenchie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Try pop_os. Was working for me our of the box to switch nvidia to igpu and disconnect the one you don't use.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Is there a bios (op15+) that will allow to manually set memory speed and timing?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2019
  5. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What power adapter are you using? I had this happen with my OP 17+ and I was using an old power adapter at home that was only 120W. The one that came with the laptop was (150W or 180W, I can't remember) but I always left that at work so I wouldn't have to lug it back and forth.

I brought the correct adapter home to test and no more issues with a sudden power off. Then I purchased the correct AC adapter as my 2nd adapter with the right wattage. Problem solved.

I hope that helps.

6. Antoine van Daalen

Antoine van Daalen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I have this weird issue maybe someone could explain what's happening here,

My CPU is thermal throttling hits 98C within 10 minutes when playing games but with stress testing (Aida64) it would NOT hit these high temperatures but would sit nicely at 82C-84C
    At cinebench R15 it hits 999. Currently my Recoil II is in RMA and they say while stress testing, it is not getting hot and there are no problems with my laptop but why would it get so hot while playing games. I've changed the thermal paste serveral times with different brands like Gelid GC-Extreme, Artic 5 and Kryonaut but it won't lower the temps. laptop is clean of dust, Tried possible everything to lower the temps (fresh windows, undervolt, other bios+ec other thermal paste etc).

PL 45W and 55W max fan speed all the time
    undervolt cpu -.150mv
    undervolt cache -.050mv

It doesn't actually do anything better with a undervolt.

I hope someone could explain to me what is happening here.

EDIT:

Gpu temps 75C-78C at 95% load

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  7. richierich

richierich Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My laptop has the 180w adapter. I've since uninstalled XTU and installed Throttlestop and used B0B's youtube tutorial to undervolt both CPU voltage and cache voltage which helped. I might have to repaste though. The temps still hit 90deg which is still too toasty.

8. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How many watts is the 2070 maxq pulling with Elektroboost for the 15"?

9. Master-DXT

Master-DXT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Exact issue here. I find it a strange occurrence I never figured yet to why the temperatures would creep up like that during game play (Never ran that hot a few weeks ago, even applied liquid metal on the CPU). Hopefully the temperature issue is fixable, I am waiting for my laptop's return.

Antoine van Daalen likes this.
  10. Antoine van Daalen

Antoine van Daalen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I hope it is fixed for u when it returns. Let me know.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk