TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Jason Anthony Canete

Jason Anthony Canete Newbie

Reputations:
    Good Day!

Tried doing Option 1 Keyboard lighting still didn't work.
    Then tried you method. LED bar works but keyboard lighting still doesn't work.
    I'm Thinking it may be a hardware problem due to consistent high heat (90c-96c) i was having when I playing apex. Is the rgb controller on the keyboard or soldered to the main board of the laptop? I would like to try to buy a replacement keyboard if the controller is on the keyboard.

2. Crescal

Crescal Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, does any of you order a larger 4-cell battery recently? Everywhere seems to be out of stock. I'm in UK by the way.

3. Owenhehe

Owenhehe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For some reason, TongFang decided not to produce them any more. It's hopeless. I contacted a reseller in China, they say future production run COULD be cancelled. Have you tried XMG in German?

Crescal likes this.
  4. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Crescal and seahawk10 like this.
  5. Crescal

Crescal Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks guy but when I try to add it to the cart is says out of stock :(

I don't know German but it seems they're not selling standalone battery?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2019
  6. Owenhehe

Owenhehe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, this is the usual Getac front end page, they also have ones in the US, EU, SG and many other country. But the back end is still the same vendor who sell battery across the world. I already contacted them muliple times, they don't have it in stock and don't know when manufacturer will start the next production run.

Have you tried to contact them? It's worth a shot, I am just worried that they will charge huge premium for the battery

7. LeoniePhiline

LeoniePhiline Newbie

Reputations:
    LINUX RGB KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT SUPPORT
    Everybody rejoyce - there is a new project to bring Linux RGB keyboard backlight support to your Tongfang GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z laptop.

You can find the source as well as instructions here:
    https://github.com/rodgomesc/avell-unofficial-control-center

At the time of writing, individual keys cannot yet be configured, but you can choose between the standard styles also selectable in the EFI/BIOS menu (rainbow, aurora, reactive, raindrop, marquee), or pick a single color or two colors alternating (striping) in rows or columns.
    Control of individual key colors is planned, as well as a GUI. In the end, this could even be used to play animations on the keyboard etc. (Technically possible but someone must implement it.)

♥️ If you like it, please contribute and/or donate! ☕️

@sicily428
    If you could please add information about the new linux rgb support to the initial post of this thread. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Blebleuh, seahawk10 and Master-DXT like this.
  8. scottydo42

scottydo42 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone here still using the stock ssd as their boot drive? Cant find any info on how reliable it is - I'm starting to use this laptop more and want to boot it off a good nvme in the 2nd slot. Simple as installing, cloning, then changing boot option in bios?

Looking for a bigger battery as well and everywhere seems sold out.
    I did find this site, in which you can get to checkout: http://www.batteriess.de/getac-gk5cn00134s1p0-152v-6232wh-laptop-akku-batterien-p-28645.html
    Have a feeling they have not updated their inventory and it's all in German.

9. jfrancis232

jfrancis232 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    is there away to use the type lighting for the keyboard, but have the rest of the keyboard lit in a different color?

10. Phoboy604

Phoboy604 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Someone on this thread has some difficulties booting up after he cloned the drive to the second slot. I don't recall what his solution was or if it was solved.