TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. onionring

onionring Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone recommend a good laptop cooling pad for this chassis? I have been playing Assassin's Creed lately and my temperatures go up to 97 degrees Celsius! It's a bit warm here in NYC but I expect the temperatures to only get worse as summer approaches... I guess I could attempt to repaste but will it make that big of a difference?

2. FluffyQuido

FluffyQuido Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know how to make the fans run at 10 or 20%? In the advanced settings it only goes down to 30% but sometimes the fans hover lower than that before going to 30&. The laptop gets hot if I keep the fans off and with the fans at 30% it hovers around the 45 degrees mark so they turn on and off all the time.

3. surfindead

surfindead Newbie

Reputations:
    Could some kind soul please post the PDF of the full user manual for the Overpowered 15" models that used to be at this link:
    https://www.opowered.com/pdf/OVERPOWERED_OP-LP1_&_OP-LP2_Manual.pdf

In their infinite wisdom, Overpowered seems to have removed it from their support site and I could not locate it anywhere in this thread either.

Thanks!

4. Blebleuh

Blebleuh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Regarding my crackling sound problem, I ended up re-installing Windows using the recovery tool. Went the weak way that does not format your OS disk but only erases OS files and applications and keep some spare preference and personal data.
    Easy process, and now the sound is back to normal ! Dont even have to install any driver, as they've been automatically managed by Windows update. Everything is working and I feel better now, after having spent about 4 hours downloading and re-installing all of my softwares and configure them as I want.

This sound problem is still a mystery to me, as I tried many times to uninstall all audio-related driver, and let Windows find the correct drivers OR force installation of specific versions (many tries with versions), but the problem was still here. I guess it was related to something deeper into Windows install than just soundcard drivers. Well, now, problem solved.

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  5. Big Mack

Big Mack Newbie

Reputations:
    surfindead likes this.
  6. yprime

yprime Newbie

Reputations:
    hey guys, I'm using realtek hd audio version 6.0.1.8459. Both Headphones and Speakers work however they are not showing up seperately under playback devices(only speakers under playback devices). Thus i cant use seperate settings for them. I also can't play audio from speakers while headphones are still connected due to this problem. When using microsoft hd audio instead of realtek, it detects both of them. I need to use realtek drivers for 2 reasons; subwoofer which ms audio drivers doesn't detect/utilize and soundblaster cinema 5 which also doesn't work with ms audio drivers. I use sb5 to increase speaker volume.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I am using Windows 10pro 1809. I tried realtek 6.0.1.8459 and 6.0.1.8428

Attached Files:

7. surfindead

surfindead Newbie

Reputations:
  8. hawk1410

hawk1410 Bird of Prey

Reputations:
    Hey guys I've been looking at the eluktronics version of this chassis and was wondering what the consensus is on that on here, I accidentally posted my comment on the thread for the 17in version of this chassis yesterday but going through that thread made me feel a lot more comfortable about that laptop compared to this one where a lot of people seem to be having issues. But most of those people seem to be on the Walmart version of this chassis, so I was wondering if those issues are restricted that model only and not the eluktronics version. O was gonna get the liquid metal and mastergel thermal paste upgrades from them too and was wondering if that helps with the thermals? Does the eluktronics version also have the issue with heat sink contacts that I've read a few people complain about on here?

I'm leaning towards the 17in version right now mostly due to the much more positive opinion of that on their thread compared to this one, but not sure if I wanna sacrifice the portability and battery life if the 15 in model isn't as bad as it seems from so many complains on here. Just hoping that most of these issues are specific to the Walmart version

9. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The barbones and heatsinks are all the same (motherboard could be slightly different if tou have to believe eluktronics).
    So a warped heatsink can always occur. I can imagine if you buy at eluktronics that they test the barbone before shipment and maybe correct the heatsink. Walmart will only accept and forward the barbone as is.

yayo685 likes this.
  10. abushwookie

abushwookie Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey everyone,

I have op 15" from Walmart (October 2018 manufacturing date) since late December, just did a re paste (IC diamond) and dual channel ram upgrade (Kingston impact) today.

From what I understand when you're running dual channel ram, CPU and GPU temperature are expected to go up from single channel temps. Before the re paste and ram upgrade I was starting to hit upper 80s to 92c across all cores, prompting a re paste. After repaste and dual channel I'm currently seeing temps fluctuating upper 70s and low-mid 80s and spikes to upper 80s (no cores hit 90c+) testing on aida, ambient air temperature 77-78f.

Should temps be better or more stable? I feel I may have tighten the heatsink down too far? Is that a thing?

Also while running aida64 I noticed the screen froze 2-3 times per 12-15 min runs. Not sure how concerning that should be, haven't had any freezing prior to today.

Thanks for any advice

edit: so while playing pubg for about an hour- gpu was steady 68-70c. cpu 70-74c, max temp across all cores 82-84c- 85c on one core. Better then before the paste i guess. The fps bump is def appreciated.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Phoboy604 likes this.