TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Blebleuh

Blebleuh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I was full of hope when I saw your post, as I am experiencing random audio crackles and kind of very short slow downs (audio pitch goes lower of about 1/2 tone for less than half a second) since a few weeks and was not able to find any solution yet. (see this post for more explanation and troubleshooting of my problem).
    So I downloaded your advised driver, and the automated process began (installing some first stuff into C://DRIVERS/WIN/AUDIO/, unstalling previous Realtek HD, rebooting, then installing new old version of Realtek HD Audio drivers), but I'm facing an error code 0001 just before the end of the last step and the installer quits. Even if those drivers did not properly installed, audio is still working as before (with random crackles and artifacts).
    I guess my last hope is to make a clean install of Windows... Annoying considering the lot of stuff I have to reinstall and set then :'(
    Now my experience with this laptop is weird : I boot to macOS if I want to work on audio stuff or look at video/movies without my external sound card, and reboot to Windows when I need the wifi or the dGPU... It's a lot of backs and forths during the day ^^

ANd sorry for the double post :3

2. Trevayne10

Trevayne10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hi Blebleuh - sorry to hear of your troubles. You have an Overpowered OP-LP-based system, correct? If so, I'd uninstall all the sound / audio drivers (through the Windows 10 uninstaller), then run a registry cleaner, and BEFORE YOU REBOOT, then try installing those Lenovo audio drivers again.

I found this link that might be of help to you:

https://www.howto-connect.com/fix-i...io-driver-failure-error-code-0001-windows-10/

- try this link, also:

https://www.dell.com/community/Opti...-installing-Realtek-audio-driver/td-p/6209304

Pls. let me know how it goes!

- Trev

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  3. derekdauzat

derekdauzat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hello, i used your custom efi clover on Mojave and everything went great i stalled to my 2nd m.2 BUT.. when i boot the macos drive it shows the loading Apple logo screen the bar fill up but it just hangs there.. nothing happens. help please...
    i copied your files overwriting the original efi clover
    is there something im supposed to do in bios or the clover os selection menu?

4. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Not working for me either, same error

5. Blebleuh

Blebleuh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for this.
    Tried the following:
    - Boot to safe mode
    - uninstall all current audio drivers/realtek stuff
    - registry clean using Glary Utility (messed up a few links between some extensions and the app they're supposed to be opened with)
    - run gga109ww.exe installer
    - installation successful !
    - reboot in normal mode, internet connection disabled to avoid windows auto-updating audio drivers

but the issue is still here... cracklings again.
    And how do you manage to open the Realtek Audio Manager you took a screenshot of ? I cant find it anywhere.

You need to copy the provided EFI folder on the installation disk (as you obviously did) to properly install the OS, but you also need to copy that same folder in the EFI partition created next to the macOS boot partition on your computer. Do to that you can boot on Windows, attribute a letter to that EFI partition using the disk manager, then explore it and copy the folder using Explorer++ (you can find a more detailed guide here).

Also make sure that you have the following parameters in BIOS :
    - OS Support : UEFI OS
    - Wake on LAN : DIsabled (can avoid problems with sleep)
    - Secure Boot : Disabled (that may be already the case)
    - Launch CSM: Disabled
    - LAN Remote Boot: Disabled

If you're still stuck during boot, try the EFI folder posted before mine (mine is based on this one, I think the link is in one of my previous posts).

Then, if you want, I made a custom keyboard profile using Ukelele app. It's for AZERTY but you can easily do the same process for another layout.

6. Maxou67

Maxou67 Newbie

Reputations:
    Can you tell me which cable it is ?
    I had already open it too but i did not find the backlight wire

7. Trevayne10

Trevayne10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

8. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If I'm upgrading from an i7 6700HQ GTX 1070 laptop, how much of an increase in performace should I see from the 2070 Max Q version? Or would I be better off going for the 17 inch?

9. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I’d definitely skip the MQ to make the upgrade worthy.

10. Blebleuh

Blebleuh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I cant open my laptop now but from what I remember it might be one of these two connections:
    [​IMG]

Well it's not appearing on my computer, whether on the "simplified" windows 10 control panel or in the full old-school control panel. I can just access the regular sound control panel (this one). How the hell can it be possible ?
    I found an executable: C://Program files/Realtek/Audio/ADCTL.exe but nothing happen when I run it...