TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you have the 17"?

2. Pabbeni

Pabbeni Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes. Mech-17 G1R from Eluktronics. i7-8750h and 2060

3. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok, that probably explains the differences and the better cooling. Yeah, you want gaming center running at startup. I don't think you have any issues.

4. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Have one of you guys tried a graphit pad on the CPU/GPU in stead of paste?
    I have a Clevo P970 atm that I will return (because of screen issues) and I had choosen this option and it workes pretty well.
    Under heavy gaming (Far cry 5) I reached max 90 degrees on CPU with fans at around 50%. At max fan, the CPU was around 80 degrees and GPU (RTX2070mq) around 71. CPU pulled constantly 42-45W and GPU was at power limit. So it was quite good.

The biggest benefit is that you never have to exchange this, it will last the life span of the laptop. Quite a difference if you suffer from pumping out.
    Be aware, this is conductive and needs to be placed correctly.

Phoboy604 likes this.
  5. MuzzleFuzzle

MuzzleFuzzle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I want to upgrade to dual channel ram in my OP15+ and I'm thinking about these two ram kits:

1. https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-HyperX-HX432S20IBK2-32/dp/B01N2VUOBJ/
    2. https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Memory-2400MHz-SODIMM-CMSX16GX4M2A2400C16/dp/B019MRBKYG/

Does anyone have experience using either of these two ram kits in the OP15+?

Also corsair says that despite their ram only being clocked at 2400mhz vs the kingston's 2666, the corsair ram can auto overclock to match the fastest speed available on the platform.
    Does anyone know if this is true / works correctly on the OP15+?

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  6. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Good prices there on either RAM. I don't have experience with the Corsair, but the HyperX is great. Probably worth getting something you know will clock up to 2666Mhz. I'm actually selling my old 2x8GB 2666Mhz ADATA kit now, though it's CL19. If you're interested let me know. @MuzzleFuzzle

7. Phoboy604

Phoboy604 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was curious how those pads would perform. Their prices are reasonable compared to paste on Amazon. Although, I found some GC Gelid on Aliexpress for much lower prices and shipping was within a week. Will try it out this weekend if I can get the stripped screw off.

8. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Make sure the Corsair one is compatible with 8th Gen because the description doesn't say... All I've seen on here is great reviews with the HyperX but I'm still using the original 16gb stick that shipped with mine.

9. stesteste

stesteste Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Theoretically Kingston’s ram has the same auto overclock feature as the corsair, probably using the same method with xmp profiles. In practical I have a Kingston 2400MHz kit that stayed at 2400Mhz in my GK5CN6Z, probably because the stock bios isn’t compatible with the overclocking feature.
    Then I installed the modded bios with the unlocked advanced menu and I was able to manually overclock my ram (not with presetted xmp profiles) to 2666MHz using the same timings as the factory 2666MHz Kingston and it’s working good, as stable as without overclock. Don’t know where and if it’s true but I’ve read that the 2666 kingston is basically a 2400MHz ram factory overclocked.
    Anyway In your case I would probably take the Kingston kit because it’s factory 2666MHz and should run at that speed, in my experience the auto overclocking feature of the Corsair wouldn’t work on this computer.

Installed64 likes this.
  10. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've been trying this for a week now (the hard modded way). It's so convenient I'd suggest it being included in the main post @Blebleuh @sicily428

Blebleuh likes this.