TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. guozzi

guozzi Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply. Do you rememeber what the driver name? I can't find it in my system. Also, can you check to see if your uncore idle power consumption?

2. guozzi

guozzi Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for the reply. I also saw a few other users reporting this issue but can't find a solution. A chinese website discussion says it's a system bug that counts NVIDIA GPU idle power as CPU uncore power. It all seems normal when GPU is in use, but when GPU is not in use, it decreases the CPU preformance.

3. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I ended up making an AHK script to get the F1-12 keys back after I hard modded the Fn key. Just remove the .txt extension so it becomes: fkey.ahk

For anyone who wants to reverse the Fn key action, this seems to be a pretty good workaround.

Hard mod the Fn key by removing the keycap, taking the switch out, taking the switch apart and removing the spring. OR Remove the keycap, remove the switch, wrap a little scotch tape to hold it down, and punch the 4 holes out so the keycap will go back down. Removing the spring allows you to easily pull the key back up if need be.

Now that you have easy brightness/media/LED control, you will want easy F1-F12 function. How the script works:
    ` = toggle hotkey (only while held down) - It still functions normally for typing and the number keys function normally for typing too.
    1 =F1
    2 =F2
    - =F11
    = =F12

This setup gives me what I have been looking for since I got this laptop. I would still like to figure out how to make the keyboard back-light turn off after 10 seconds of inactivity, but I'm not sure that is possible. I think GamingCenter would need to support hotkeys.

EDIT:

I added a little extra functionality to the script in the 2nd file. It adds:
    \ = Screen OFF - So hold the ` and press \ to just turn off the backlight for the LCD. Useful to save battery or just cause you don't want it on
    Ctrl+\ = Same as above, just press `+Ctrl+\ with it to lock the PC and turn off the LCD.
    t = Active Window Always On Top - If you use Linux you miss being able to set a window on top at will. You can set the window back to normal by doing it again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Quadzilla and ZaiArgylle like this.
  4. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:

Thanks for all this info. Don't know if you've looked into it but MyApp has a similar functionality to what you're looking for, but i think it triggers after 5 mins of inactivity. Just in case you want to check it out.

5. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, I like MyApp, except that it was getting flagged by anticheat for some reason.

6. Chika-chan

Chika-chan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does someone help me to create a script for the undervolt every time I turn on the pc? The values would be, -135, 45w and 50w.

7. stesteste

stesteste Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  8. derekdauzat

derekdauzat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    anyone have success with hackintosh on this laptop like the opencore bootloader?

9. Juan Pablo

Juan Pablo Newbie

Reputations:
    I do that with Throttlestop, theres a guide that you can google, something like "running throttlestop when the device starts" should get you where you need to go.

They way i did it was setting up a task everytime my pc boots up, but you need to setup certain settings on the task scheduler that i cant remember right now.

10. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @B0B shows you how to do it with ThrottleStop here:

undervolter0x0309 likes this.