TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Phoboy604

Phoboy604 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a way around this. I used Autohotkey and made a script to reverse only the volume up and down and mute so that I no longer have to hold the FN key. I have not figured out how to do the same for the other keys. If this is enough for you, do a search on this thread for my posts to get further details.

2. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Checking my driver version, it looked like the same version (although I think this is the Microsoft version). Do you happen to have a download link to the connect software? I couldn't find an exact version download. The one I had automatically showed up from the windows store it looks like.

3. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Mine updated through the microsoft store as well.

4. ditchmagnet

Reputations:
    WONDERFUL, thank you!
    I did and that starting looking up the brightness option. Here is a link I found showing how to do it in AHK, and I have attached an ahk script that includes:
    Mute
    Vol Up
    Vol Down
    Brightness Up
    Brightness Down

This works for my OP-LP2. If you have something else, you will have to modify it.

Just rename it from .txt to .ahk (for those of you that would need that info) and if you don't have it, download and install AHK first.

Now on to try to figure out the keyboard back-light. If possible to control, I might be able to add a timer so it automatically turns off the back-light when not in use.

EDIT:

If someone wants to use this ahk script and run it at login, I attached pics on how to set it up in task scheduler.

EDIT:

A big disadvantage to this method is that normal FN funtions (such as F11 being used to fullscreen chrome for example) will not work. Now changing screen brightness or volume will always be those buttons, FN key pushed or not. You would have to pause the script, which is also annoying.

EDIT:
    I'm thinking tot FN key could work as a hotkey that toggles the function of the rest of the script, but illI have to see if I can find out what needs to go into it.

EDIT:
    And I decided to just hard mod the key switch so it stays down all the time, unless I physically lift the key. Better than playing around with AHK scripts - it just works (even is it is a slight nuisance to lift back up. I can't do it one-handed, but I can really quickly lift it with 2.)

Attached Files:

• kbd.txt
      File size:
      9.9 KB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      228.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      422.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      412.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Blebleuh and Phoboy604 like this.
  5. ditchmagnet

Reputations:
    em0ney14 likes this.
  6. JeanBean

JeanBean Newbie

Reputations:
    Curious if anybody's found a vendor that sells sets of keycaps?

7. ditchmagnet

Reputations:
    I replaced my TIM yesterday and thought I'd share my results so far.

I had been on Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, which game me great results initially, but over (a relatively short) time the performance degraded.
    The new TIM is IC Diamond, so we will see how long the performance lasts. I didn't find it unbearably thick as some people made it out, but I did let the tube warm up under a halogen lamp for a while before I started squeezing it out.

I ran multiple sequential runs on TS Bench 1024MB to compare as a baseline.

Top core temp before- 88
    Top core temp after- 79

I'll update this post in a week or two with updated temps. Hopefully this TIM will hold up a little better.

Attached Files:

• B3.jpg
      B3.jpg
      File size:
      129.4 KB
      Views:
    • A3.jpg
      A3.jpg
      File size:
      128.3 KB
      Views:
    Phoboy604 and Installed64 like this.
  8. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No vendors are currently willing to sell them on site, you have to try to email or call them.

9. ditchmagnet

Reputations:
    Just modded my BIOS as shown here, and have disabled Hyper-Threading. Temps are much lower. I wanted to do this to see how much lower temps would be and see how gaming compared. From the last I read, HT still doesn't offer much benefit for gaming (generally speaking). I can quickly turn it back on by toggling the option in BIOS anyway.

Attached Files:

• noHT.png
      noHT.png
      File size:
      60.3 KB
      Views:
    Installed64 and em0ney14 like this.
  10. Jfrc

Jfrc Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I am interested in buying this laptop. The shop that I will buy already has the new i7 9750H and the new graphics card gtx 1660. Anyone already have some temp data on these updated machines?
    Thanks

undervolter0x0309 likes this.