TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you happen to have an external USB storage drive? Or, how much free space do you have on the original 256gb SSD?
    You can use aomei backupper to create an image for from inside windows, and then restore that image file to the new drive, all within windows.

2. scope92

scope92 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can get an external drive ready. I only added a few programs onto the default drive. So I have about 150-180gb free.

The problem is I cannot boot with that drive installed. No bios or window boot up.

Update: I put the new drive in another laptop and I was able to boot into the drive just fine. Windows booted with all the system files intact. So I think there's an issue with the bios and this specific drive.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  3. ditchmagnet

Reputations:
    What drive is it?
    Edit:
    I see, it's the ex900. I'd try again.
    Try this:
    With both drives installed, boot to the SATA drive.

Use minitool partition wizard and format the new drive with the same settings as the OS drive.

Use Aomei Backupper and create an image of the OS drive (save it to the OS drive).

Use Aomei Backupper and Restore the image to the new drive.

Shut down and remove the SATA drive.

Attempt to boot on new drive.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  4. scope92

Reputations:
    The thing is I cannot boot with the new clone drive installed, even with the factory drive installed. I can boot to windows with the clone drive on my other laptop though, so the drive works. Can't format it because my other laptop only has one m.2 slot.

5. stesteste

stesteste Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Have you tried switching the bios from UEFI mode to LEGACY or viceversa?
    If you want to format the drive you can use gparted booted from an USB pendrive.

6. ditchmagnet

Reputations:
    Have you tried updating your BIOS?

Also, try following this guide to create a USB bootable Windows PE disk. Include Backupper and Partition Assistant when creating it.

Windows AIK kit:https://www.backup-utility.com/help/aik.html

Bootable us guide: https://www.backup-utility.com/help/aik.html

Once this is done, remove the factory drive and put in the new drive, boot from the USB disk and format the drive.

It is really strange that you can't boot from the drive since it obviously works. You tried it in either slot?

7. peterSpoon

peterSpoon Newbie

Reputations:
    First of all, hello everyone, it has been a pleasure to find this post haha I'm reading all the thread, I've read 120 pages today :)

I am from Spain and own a PCS Recoil II 1060 (GK5CN6Z) with 16gb(2x8) 2666 Mhz Corsair Ram, I bouth it in october if my memory does not decive me and i had problems with it.

I ordered a RMA because the backligth of any keys stayed on in color green when i turned off, this problem solved changing the entire keyboard. The other problem, and the most important, when i am ussing the battery of the laptop, the rendiment is very poor, poor like all is bugged and slow, the point of the mouse move slow, youtube videos do not reproduce well or the windows menu can not open well. They changed my motherboard and update my bios and gaming center.

The rma lasted more than two months, I sent the laptop in January and I received it on Monday ...

Well ... Now the problem occurs when the battery level drops below 38% and I do not know what to do...

My Bios version is N.1.06 (i think from PCS because they updated it) and my EC is 1.37.09.

Any suggestions? I will try to record a video and post it.

Forgive me for my English if I have not explained myself well, as I said, I am Spanish and it has been a long time since I spoke in English.

Thanks for everything!

ZaiArgylle and Installed64 like this.
  8. AyoMayo

AyoMayo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had the same problem where the laptop was unusable below a certain amount of battery. Follow Bob's video () on how to install throttlestop and get it to run every time the laptop starts up. Go to the FIVR window and check "Disable and Lock Turbo Power Limits" under the memory section. You'll need an additional file to do this but if you search this thread you should find all the steps. Doing this correctly will fix your issue.

peterSpoon likes this.
  9. scope92

Reputations:
    Tried both slots. Does not boot with either slot, nor if the factory drive is installed. I don't think I need to reformat the drive as I am able to boot into it just fine from another laptop. Windows works, nothing is missing or corrupt.

My bios is a modified version of 1.08 with a bunch of unlocked settings, possible for another brand? But it seems to work fine. Default bios settings doesn't help.

10. scope92

Reputations:
    I'll check the settings. Not sure why the default bios settings would work with the factory drive, but not a clone of it.