TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    Anyone repasting also should set the heatsink down then do a few turns of each screw 1-7 and keep going around till they are all tight. Most people just crank each screw down till its tight then move on to the next one till its tight etc. I think you will find that your CPU temps will be more evenly matched by doing them little by little.

2. Funkyfrenchie

Funkyfrenchie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Got the op15+ laptop, does anyone know if there is a bios enabling xmp profile sélection for the memory speed? Got the crucial ballistix 2666 MHz and it is not recognized at such and only run at 2400mhz

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Crescal

Crescal Newbie

Reputations:
    I've tried to find 4-cell battery but they're all out of stock now. Would you mind sharing where can I buy the battery?

4. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  5. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I wish, but no. You're stuck at 2400.

6. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is anyone using NVMe drives in both slots? Do you get full speeds for both?

7. Crescal

Crescal Newbie

Reputations:
  8. scope92

scope92 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Got a new problem.

I just got an HP Ex900 m.2 ssd. I'm pretty sure it's nvme. Anyways, I've installed the drive it to the top slot with the factory drive in the lower slot. It booted up fine. I then format the drive and it is recognized in Windows. This is where all the issues started to occur.

I want to upgrade my current OS drive to the nvme, as I understood that the factory drive is the slower sata. I created a USB boot drive for a cloning software and tried to clone the drive. For some reason the laptop now cannot boot past post. I can't get into the bios and it obviously won't boot into Windows. It's stuck on the boot up splash screen. The only way I can fix this is by removing the nvme drive. Heck, how can even do a new installed of Window if I can even post?

9. Crescal

Crescal Newbie

Reputations:
    Is it because the system tries to boot from the new (and empty) nvme drive?

I cloned the system to the new nvme drive in Windows then removed the original stat drive. This method worked fine.

10. scope92

scope92 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's why I thought at first, but that doesn't explain why it won't post. Well after some fiddling I was able to boot into the cloning software with both drives. I had to change some bios settings with only the old drive installed. Then I got the laptop to boot into the software with the old drive in, after which I put in the new drive. I was able to clone the old drive to the new one. I removed the old drive and the USB, and same issue. Can't boot, no bios, doesn't seem to post. Only the splash screen shows up and just stays there.

How were you able to clone your drive through windows? Thought you can't clone it while the drive is in use.