TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. arcticjoe

arcticjoe Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So the weird thing with my CPU voltages that happened at least twice now (mentioned below) has happened again... TSBench on a 64m run would hit 95c in 6 seconds with fans on turbo, whereas normally it gets to 75c.So I've once again tried resetting bios, but temps were still high (wondering whether previous time was just luck), then made a small undervolt change (just moved the slider once to get a new values) clicked apply and bam temps back to normal again.
    I am confused about what exactly keeps intermittently messing with my voltages, but the only apps on the laptop that I expect to do this are Gaming Centre and Throttlestop.. I am starting to wonder whether GC can sometimes interfere with TS undervolt in some way...

2. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So people with thr RTX 2070 MaxQ version, how high can you overclock your GPUs? Have you managed to get close to a full 2070 clocks?

3. Phoboy604

Phoboy604 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the update, I was wondering how the your Artic 5 was going to work out. I think your temp jump could be due to "pumping out". Happened to me and another guy on here. Our temps were great first day but 2 days later it went over 90. I used Artic Mx4 and he used Thermal Grizzly Kryonaught, both are watery. He said he switched to IC diamond which is quite thicc and it stopped the pumping out. I have to try GC Extreme or IC diamond next but they are pricy on amazon.ca and no local shops carry them.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  4. Motions

Motions Newbie

Reputations:
    Am I suppose to get a code from Walmart to redeem my free games? Because I haven't received one yet even though I have already picked up my laptop.

5. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That offer expired a while ago by intel.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:

It might be Intel XTU messing with the voltages after a few reboots as that is part of the gaming center. If you open task manager and scroll down you will see XTU running. I have not had that issue yet but i just got this 15+ a couple days ago. I believe there is a version of control center with no XTU embedded so you might want to install that version.

7. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:
    Can I ask someone to run ThrottleStop TS Bench or Cinebench on battery and report your power usage in watts for CPU? I have my system setup to use 35 watts for the CPU on battery and want to make sure that is in line with stock settings. Does anyone know what is a safe power draw in watts for CPU using battery power?

8. Trevayne10

Trevayne10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Just ran the Cinebench R20 bench for the 2nd time on my OP-LP2, with "Priority" set to "Real time" (using Process Explorer 64-bit). Score: 3134 (Multi-)

Both CPU vCORE and cache undervolted to -125 mV in ThrottleStop. No core or thread exceeded 82°C during the run.

I mean, it just *crushes* the 12C/24T Xeon X5650 @ 2.66 GHz (score: 2705)

Again, profuse kudos to "unclewebb", the creator of Throttlestop.

Link to CB R20 screen capture:

https://ibb.co/pZPFj5F

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    unclewebb and em0ney14 like this.
  9. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    It is certainly possible. Open up the ThrottleStop FIVR window and have a look at the monitoring table at the top right. This table shows the offset voltages that the CPU is using in real time. If this table is showing different voltages compared to what you are requesting then some other program on your computer must be interfering with things. Keep an eye on this and see if you can find out what is going on.

Reading stuff like that puts a big smile on my face and keeps me motivated. Instead of an Intel Inside sticker, maybe I need to create some, Powered by TS stickers. :D

Installed64, Blebleuh and Trevayne10 like this.
  10. Trevayne10

Trevayne10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

You bet!