TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For the most part no, unless you have a part of the skin that has a bend that the skin won't stick, then you'll need to use a hair dryer to get the correct bend.

2. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Stock thermals and stock 16gb ram, run in real-time and -.250 core -.125 cache

[​IMG]

3. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    This package power number is not measured power consumption. It is only an estimation of power consumption that Intel calculates within the CPU. The sole purpose of this number is to control the turbo boost function and that is all.

All monitoring software, including ThrottleStop, can accurately display this data. The package power number is not the same as measured power consumption so I recommend not using it for any sort of comparison between different CPUs. It's just a number.

4. Warp01

Warp01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My cb score seems to be the lowest .. and my tdp get stuck to 20W, very poor even for a single channel I guess :(

5. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    People with these laptops that know how to use ThrottleStop are not having these problems. Some of the highest 8750H bench scores on the planet have been obtained by users in this thread. Look at the results above posted by @Blebleuh

His CPU is fully loaded and all threads are reporting a steady 39.00 multiplier. That is max speed for the 8750H when all 6 cores are active. No throttling and temperatures, considering the load, are great.

No need to be sad. Get to work. Use ThrottleStop and get your laptop properly setup.

Edit - I read one of your previous posts and saw that you are using Intel XTU. I have not seen any of the top performing laptops in this thread using XTU. It does not have options available to achieve maximum performance. Do not use it.

Most performance oriented gaming laptops perform poorly on battery power. A battery that fits in a laptop is not capable of running an Intel CPU and an Nvidia GPU at their full rated speeds.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  6. steberg

steberg Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes dual channel 2400 hyperx ram. I just used @unclewebb ts suggestions and it will not throttle anymore!

7. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    also, you need to set priority of CB20 to "real time" to achieve those scores, I'm single channel ram but I have throttlestop dialed in thanks to everyone in this thread.

8. terrorific

terrorific Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  9. Warp01

Warp01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks all for advices and posting own bench
    Ok I'll try. Do you have a simple guide to start with TS ?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  10. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:

Google it or look at the link under unclewebbs's signature. Look up videos on youtube and read through this thread to look at screenshots of settings. Don't be lazy and ask people to spoonfeed you the winning lottery numbers....

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/

unclewebb likes this.