TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. barichon

barichon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not sure why but I still have that mfc120u.dll error when I open the software, any clue why ?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  2. Warp01

Warp01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here just an opinion you remind me about, but I'm not sure it's the cause: I noticed there is some coil whine (at the botton, close to the ram) even in standby, it means there is still some leak. An other issue I noticed is that the alluminum case acts as a ground conductor.. if you brush the case with one hand you can clearly feel a current tingle. I don't know if it's just mine or every case do that. Maybe someone else notices it.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  3. Phoboy604

Phoboy604 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone notice the area by ASDF is cooled by the fan? pretty cool design. keeps my fingers chilled.

4. Nap0l3on

Nap0l3on Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ohhh, this is problem, my startsup blue screen on rev.center automatic tuning. my cpu worse tolerate overclocking., maximum undervolt -0.125V - 0.100V. ( WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bluescreen)

Thanks, for no tuning options :).

lKinder_Bueno likes this.
  5. AyoMayo

AyoMayo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I re-pasted the OP 15+ for the first time and saw the terrible stock paste job. It had leaked all over the mobo near both the CPU and GPU, and little of the paste remained over the dies. Cleaned it up and used Arctic Silver 5, instant 15 C lower temps. Temps are lower than when it was new and I couldn't be happier.

Can someone point me towards some throttlestop profiles for max performance and max battery life respectively, along with any undervolt/overclock MSI Afterburner settings? I feel ready to max this laptop out now.

steberg likes this.
  6. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There is also the link for the gk5cn5z op15 bios if you need it

For msi afterburner tuning you can check my config here
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...gk5cq7z-gk5cp0z.815943/page-382#post-10871087

These instead are my settings I use on Rev.Center2
    Rev.Center2 Settings are:
    -0.250V for CPU Offset voltage
    -0.133V for Cache Offset voltage
    35W-35W for Powersaving,Silent, Entertainment Mode.
    50W-70W for Performance Mode.
    Powersaving and Silent Mode enable a special setting that limit CPU clock at 1300MHz.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  7. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Edit

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  8. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You can just go into Rev Center settings (gear icon) and enable "ThrottleStop compatibility" to use your own voltage settings with TS.

9. tomek0987

tomek0987 Newbie

Reputations:
    Did anyone install newer version of BIOS on RTX models? And maybe someone found the best settings for TS?

10. stesteste

stesteste Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Do you have issues with the latest cumulative update for windows (KB4482887)?
    Installing it I have a massive drop in fps while gaming (GTA V) on an external screen and also windows animations seems less smooth with some lags.
    The strange thing is that the FPSmeter always measures around 60fps as usual. It happens only on external monitor and uninstalling the update all works as usual.
    I tried to reinstall the update, reinstall nvidia drivers and connect the monitor to another port but nothing changed.
    My config is in my signature, currently I'm using OP 1.05 BIOS with GC 2.0.1.3.