TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. yprime

yprime Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have gj5cn6e and few small problems. 1st is that from some of the things i read here keyboard seems capable of outputting white color. Is there a way to use it without installing another software(like MyApp). Secondly, i installed a 1tb hdd and gaming center wakes up hdd is there a way to stop it? Lastly can i disable on screen indicators like capslock(im already used to having no caps light since my last laptop had none. When i press capslock,on screen indication comes up and curser goes of focus so i have to click into the place where i was typing, to continue typing which absolutely causes me to not use capslock at all)

2. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @yprime Try to disable one or both of these processes on startup: OSDTpDetect and OOBEI2CTpOnOffDetect

I haven’t tested this with Gaming Center, but it’s worth a try. Either reboot after disabling on startup, or just manually kill the process(es).

Just download RevCenter to get the white color, it’s a customized and better version of Gaming Center.

I actually use MyApp personally, and it’s great too. The only game I’ve had trouble with online is Apex Legends, (some games think it’s a cheat) but killing the process is easy to allow online multiplayer.

@Trevayne10 Sweet looking software. This looks similar or identical to Samsung Rapid technology. There are some dangers/downsides to using that however, and I’ve opted not to use it: especially since the benefits are practically unnoticeable.

3. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    FAN MANAGER 1.0
    Compatible with:
    GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z
    GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S
    Source code avaible

I'm glad to show you my latest tool: Fan Manager

What is Fan Manager?
    Fan Manager is a really low-weight tool that helps you better managing your laptop's fans speed.
    It is thought for users that prefer to use Gaming/Control Center instead of Rev.Center2.0 or for who doesn't want to use any other utility.

Why I should use this FanManager if there is already one on Gaming/Control Center?
    Because Fan Manager is much more accurate, reactive and customizable then the one from Tongfang. A lot of time Gaming/Control Center active fans also if temps are lower.

There will be incompatibility with TongFang Gaming/Control Center?
    Fan Manager is created to be compatible with all TongFang laptop.

Can I use Rev.Center2 and this Fan Manager?
    Fan Manager is totally based on Rev.Center2 source code, so it is not really useful using both tools.

FEATURES:
    • Automatic Fan (EC) : Stock Laptop fan managing. Fans are controlled by the BIOS and not by FanManager.
    • Turbo Fan Mode: Turbo Fan Boost Mode.
    • Silent Fan Mode: Automatically change Fan Speed to guarante the most quiet fans without worring about temperature).
    • Static Fan Mode: Choose a fan speed regardless of temperatures.
    • Advanced Fan Mode: Create your custom Fan Speed Graphs

Screenshot:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Download:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hQPDYt8DRmlArOae4YKf_ZJVRTC2BiQc

Source Code: (for any info about the code write me a PM. You can do whatever you want with the code)
    GUI: https://github.com/lKinderBueno/FanManager_Standalone
    FAN CHANGER: https://github.com/lKinderBueno/Rev.Center2-FanManager

Installation:
    Install the tool and use it as a normal program.

Changelog
    [1.0]
    Initial release

Link to Rev.Center2 (working for now only on GTX versions):
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/goto/post?id=10854080#post-10854080

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    ZaiArgylle, dave65, Big Mack and 3 others like this.
  4. lKinder_Bueno

Reputations:
    Yes. During the installation you can choose between Automatic Tuning or Manual Tuning.
    With the first option the tool will enable my "ideal" settings. (-12
    With the second option you can freely use any software as Intel Extreme Tuning or Throttlestop

Rev.Center2 Settings are:
    -0.250V for CPU Offset voltage
    -0.133V for Cache Offset voltage
    35W-35W for Powersaving,Silent, Entertainment Mode.
    50W-70W for Performance Mode.
    Powersaving and Silent Mode enable a special setting that limit CPU clock at 1300MHz.

Months ago I made a video on how update the Bios on Tongfang laptop. If you need help write me a PM.
    (skip the Tuning part)

Bios Folder Link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QqPtfdTdkgMw-FA-rl1QIiNZ11LaJFer
    (I reccomend to install the XMG 1.09)

dreamcat4 likes this.
  5. shootehone

shootehone Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can you please share the link?

6. Warp01

Warp01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all, I'm new here and I've been following this long 3d for a while. So many advice here!
    I purchased this chassis (recoil II, gtx1060, 16g ram single channel). Here my issues/ first look impressions:
    The gaming center (latest pcs) hasn't the control for the rgb bar and it's always turned off. I can't control the bar 'cause there is no switch. Maybe I've a buggy GC.
    Poor fan control: "crude" fan fit, i set first level on 45° but when the fan starts never turn down even with lower temp.
    Annoing coil whine noise on the HDD area.. seems having an other little fan, even the HDD is very noisy.
    I tested just battle royale and it's very smooth ca 80-100fps, temperature of cpu-gpu near 70-80C (with cupid monitor, hwinfo, afterburner, xtu)
    On Xtu I've some "current trottle limitation" and the active power under low (cpu) is just 19W... not so good
    If I remove power supply (180W) the fps drop to 2 (TWO fps !! It's possible ?), it's impossible to use without supply... even my aspire vx15 is better with a gtx1050 on battery mode!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  7. GamerGazz

GamerGazz Newbie

Reputations:
    It sounds like the iGPU is taking over when the power is unplugged so when you're gaming it's not making use of the 1060 gpu.

IKinder_bueno: Does the fan adjustments stay in effect once your program has been closed?

8. lKinder_Bueno

Reputations:
    Yes, it will work also if you close the program

9. Warp01

Warp01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    it makes sense, but how can I fix ? Thanks

10. r_agrawal

r_agrawal Newbie

Reputations:

thanks for you great work

i have the 1050 Ti version cant install bios for 1060
    the bios from illegear seems oldr than mine (from ec version)