TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @unclewebb ,What did you think about his EDP OTHER Limit in RING? The same limit pops up in my case. Sharing screens of my TS settings. The first time I open "limits" after booting up I get all the limit flags shown, but from what I've seen, when I reset them only RINGs EDP OTHER seems to continually pop up

TS1.png TS2.png TS3.png TS4.png TS5.png

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    em0ney14 likes this.
  2. stesteste

stesteste Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've found an STD version (no custom icons) of GamingCenter 2 on Eluctronics site under RTX versions drivers page https://www.eluktronics.com/content/Drivers/Mech-2070/GamingCenter_2.0.1.3_STD.zip

It hasn't the fancy music of Mechrevo's one and it is possible to disable animations with the usual method (eventually I can upload an already modified version).
    I prefer this second version of GC because in addition of being substantially a dark theme corrects some issues of the first version:
    -Selecting Game mode doesn't automatically change the keyboard lightning layout, screen settings and lock windows key, there is a dedicated button to do it.
    Annotazione 2019-02-13 124236.jpg
    -LED light bar settings issues are solved so you can change settings for both "plugged in" and "on battery" while being always plugged in or on battery.
    -Game Mode for fan settings is now hidden, you have to activate turbo mode then it will appear and you can select it.
    -Seems quicker and more responsive.
    -Performance are really good: on CB15 I registered an average of 1270 with a peack of 1278 in respect to 1250 scores with Mechrevo's GC 2.0.1.1 with same configuration and settings.

Does somebody know what MusicPlaySwitch is? Does it add a play/pause switch on keboard? (something I miss from my prevoius laptop)
    I tried installing GC with it set both on 1 or 0 and haven't noticed differences.
    Annotazione 2019-02-13 122957.jpg

dreamcat4, Zill and Clamyboy74 like this.
  3. terrorific

terrorific Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi, could you please tell me the exact sizes of the screws? I want to order them, for the heatsink and fans, they are very tight and I used a low-quality driver and stripped them. I need to do a repaste soon. I want to buy a new set of screws, I am not sure what size/code they are. Thanks

4. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    fs2070.PNG

Very interesting heres my FS scores: 2070 MQ with OC +150 +600 considering its the MQ You're getting 3000 more points basically, not sure how much that amounts to in real life gaming .

Installed64 likes this.
  5. Fastidious Reader

Fastidious Reader Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Are the RTX models a worthwhile purchase in a laptop.

Early reviews showing the Max Q don't have many gains over the GTX versions.

What's the opinion in person.

6. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes its true that they aren't much of an upgrade coming from the Pascal gen of cards unless if you go for the non-max-q variant. The way I see it is I went from a big laptop with a 1070 to a MUCH thinner and smaller laptop but yet still a little bit better performance (sometimes better sometimes less) and I have the 2070 MQ. My firestrike score is higher than a 1070 laptop I believe according to Notebookcheck.

However the RTX cards show their strength at higher resolution gaming, 1440p is where you see a bigger gap imo. I'm playing Apex legends at 1440p around the 90-100 FPS range at 1440p. Granted its not the most demanding game and i tweaked a couple of settings.

Overall for a chip with a 80W power budget I think its pretty impressive. Many crap all over Max-Q and I tend to agree mostly but we are getting laptops as thin and portable as ultrabooks used to be not that long ago and to me thats a nice upgrade

7. Fastidious Reader

Reputations:
    Yea I'm looking at it and the 2070 in 15.6 packaging seems like a good offering.

Would the i7-8750H be sufficient for the RTX series or would the i7-9s coming out in a couple of months give any possible benefits?

Like get one now or wait and see what prices get into.

Zill likes this.
  8. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The 8750H is a great cpu, people kept going on about how good it is and now I see why. It does require a little bit of tweaking to run at full potential but its easy

We don't know anything yet about the 9th gen cpus but if they are still at 14nm I don't know how they are going to make it work in a laptop without reducing clocks dramatically which means we might see less performance in games.

I would have no problem getting the 8750H now unless you rely on cpu intensive apps and need the extra horsepower the new cpus might be able to deliver. Maybe someone knows here if we are finally getting 10nm with the next gen laptop chips but on the desktop the 9th gens are all 14nm still so...

Installed64 likes this.
  9. Fastidious Reader

Reputations:
    From what I've heard laptops get 10nm next fall maybe? Which comes with a whole other architecture update so its been said. Though that's all suspect for the most part given delays and such.

10. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    TSoc.PNG

This is not to bad in comparison to a full 1070 laptop. I'm sure I could get it to 7000 with a bit more tweaking. What you guys think considering I'm still stuck on the 417.49 drivers

EDIT: I have since flashed to a 90W TDP bios and getting much higher scores