TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was able to get -130 on the cache and -175 on the core. If you re-paste, use something with a higher viscosity like IC Diamond. I used thermal grizzly kryonaught initially but had an issue with it pumping out. I have no problem running prime 95 26.6 and furmark at the same time with temps around 70 for the CPU and high 60's for the GPU. This is with the CPU drawing 45 watts and the GPU drawing around 80 watts.

Zill likes this.
  2. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    -.125 on the core gives me unstable results so im on -.100mv on the core and -.100mv on the cache

I installed ThrottleStop and used Bob of All trades video tutorial. Now testing results to see if I get any improvements on temps

3. phe_nom

phe_nom Newbie

Reputations:
    So I wish I had something more interesting to contribute, however this is more troubleshooting. I'm getting this annoying buzzing/crackling sound from the top center of the bottom of the case. After doing some research, a lot of the results come back as being coil whine but this sound seems buzzier and less metallic.

Coil Whine Example:

What I've noticed:

The buzzing doesn't start immediately, however it appears to be triggered by processor-intensive tasks like Ableton music production sessions. While using Ableton with the OP Control Center on High Performance Mode, the buzzing will continue indefinitely. Switching to Equilibrium Mode immediately stops the buzzing and while using this mode the sound only returns while the processor is being pushed. This makes me think it's directly processor related since HP Mode holds the processor at max speeds.

I also noticed while running in High Performance Mode on battery, if I plug in the charger the buzzing is reduced to a faint hum and once I unplug it again the sound is 100% gone. But this causes immediate extreme performance throttling even though it's still set to High Performance Mode.

Am I overthinking this and is it simply the sound of the processor working hard or is it a sign of something more serious? I've been dealing with endless BSOD's and crashes for the last two months, which I think I've finally sorted, but they've left me a bit paranoid about the overall health/longevity of my machine.

Thanks for any help, this thread has been a lifesaver so far.

4. scottydo42

scottydo42 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How does the track pad work with the vinyl on it? I put CF vinyl on the front of mine and it came out better than expected.

I have a lot left over and thinking about doing this as well.

5. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For my units 15" and 17" I've found the sound to rarely happen, I really don't know what it is coming from, cause sometimes, if I put my laptop flat, the sound goes away.

6. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you're asking how it works, well it's a capacitive touch surface like a phone so a thin non-metallic material won't affect its function. If you're asking how well it works, then I think it works fine. I was using the trackpad with the protective film from the factory for a couple weeks before I put on the vinyl, so I've never actually used the naked touchpad. I actually kind of prefer the slightly rough feeling of the CF vinyl instead of a really smooth surface. Give it a try.

7. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Best CB score so far: 1270. is that good? avg? the norm?

Pretty impressed since my 8086k at @5ghz is somewhere around 1600 if I remember correctly.

PS: Does the usb-c port at the back of the laptop supports display port?

8. Clamyboy74

Clamyboy74 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Very good cinebench score, in fact its higher than any laptop tested at nbc: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-8750H-SoC.275944.0.html (max 1251).

The type c port does not support display port, it only a type c port that operates at regular usb 3.0 speeds (aka 3.1 gen 1)

Zill likes this.
  9. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I did think it was pretty good, nice .Don't know why I didn't think of checking on NBC... duh

So I've got a 230W PSU on the way and I downloaded OEMsev. As I understand, I have to set the batch file with the correct value but there isn't one for 230W PSU:

- Find the following line : OemServiceWinApp.exe AdpType /Set #
    - Depending on your AC adapter, replace the # at the end by : 1 (?W adapter), 2 (180W adapter), 3 (150W adapter), 4 (120W adapter)

I know some of you guys have done this mod so just want to check before I do something stupid.

Also I have the new RTX 2070 MQ 15 inch chassis, will this work ok? I know the laptop probably wont pull more than the 180W it is currently configured at but I'm planning to lift the 2070 MQ power limit somehow, maybe by using the bios from the 17inch chassis and wait for some modded vbios and use a programmer. I really want to go deeper into modding this thing.

The cooling could handle the 90W TDP some 2070 MQ laptop have, just need to find a way to flash my 2070 MQ

10. zamoeba

zamoeba Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got the 17 inch RTX 2070. It can't seem to handle anything above .8mv at full load. I'm not sure if it's any better than the Max-Q.
    Here's firestrike in case anyone's interested (Temps: CPU-84c GPU-73C):[​IMG]

Installed64 likes this.