TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Phoenix1221

Phoenix1221 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    MSI Afterburner was making my idle system using 6% of my CPU in the background, that was the issue. Also, the screenshot during Aida stability test:
    [​IMG]

As you can see I get pretty high temps even only stressing the CPU, if I run the GPU stress test simultaneously, my rig overheats. I just repasted it last week. With this setup I manage to get 1257 in CB. My ram is only single channel, so there's that. The score is decent now but I don't like the heat issue.

2. qnine

qnine Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all,

Did a clean reformat on my OP 15+ laptop. Windows Update seems to have found most of the drivers, but three are missing. Any idea what these are and where I can find these drivers? I have the OP 15+ driver pack but it is just a bunch of random stuff, I don't really have the tech prowess to discern which is which.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

3. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I received the keyboard cover from aliexpress. It's.....alright. Compared to a cover I used on my MBP, it doesn't stay on as well because 1) it's not a chiclet keyboard and 2) the vinyl I have on probably doesn't help. There can be a lot of glare on it in a lit room, as shown in the photo, but it's fine in the dark. It noticeably dampens the sound of the keys, basically making the keyboard non-clicky but not exactly quieter. I can't say it really hurts my typing speed or accuracy much. The only reason I use a cover is to preserve the look of the keys. I hate it when the surface gets worn down and becomes shiny and greasy looking.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Installed64 likes this.
  4. jmandawg

jmandawg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    can you post link to keyboard cover?

5. jmandawg

jmandawg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If anyone is running linux and having issues Freezing/crashing when you resume form suspend, you need to unload the touchpad driver (ic2_hid module) before suspend and reload it after waking, via a system-sleep hook or systemd hook.

dreamcat4 and dreos123 like this.
  6. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    jmandawg likes this.
  7. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I ordered a keyboard cover for the 17” last week. Hopefully it will stay put better with the extra depth on those keycaps.

I can’t believe how bad the driver support for mobile RTX is. It’s scary that companies are sending out non-functioning machines. But I suppose patience will pay off.

8. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    I think with single channel ram, that is right where you are supposed to be. Performance looks good. Now you just have to repaste and try to get your temps under control.

Phoenix1221 and em0ney14 like this.
  9. Phoenix1221

Phoenix1221 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the guidance! I owe you a drink haha

10. Big Mack

Big Mack Newbie

Reputations:
    Here's a list of all the entries in my Device Manager for the OP 15+ ... hopefully by comparing mine to yours it might help you figure out what's missing.
    [​IMG]