TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If no one yet knew, there are 3 version of the blue switch currently, v1 is from the earliest models, v2 has better response, sharper click, v3 refines it even more. Brown switches have two versions, v1 from the time Overpowered started and v2 that is going to be closer to a silent switch. There are 3 versions of keycaps for the keyboard, the square version is v1 (there might be a stabilized version of v1), the oval is the v2 which is more stable in the switch, v3 is in development I heard which is to be also an oval and is to be even more stable than v2.

Blebleuh and ZaiArgylle like this.
  2. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. jmandawg

jmandawg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, your undervolt is too low.

4. jmandawg

Reputations:
    Anyone successfully passthrough the dGPU to a kvm virtualMachine under linux?

Also anyone interested in starting a linux only thread/guide? Took me forever to figure out how to make the HDMI audio device appear in linux.

yayo685, schmoken and Snamuh2 like this.
  5. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just installed the new HP ex950 and ran some tests. I tried both slots. It isn't looking good. Expected about 3500 read, 3000 write. Results attached. This is a big let down. Anyone running the ADATA sx8000 pro? I hope there is something I can do about this, otherwise I should have just gone with the ex920 or something.

Attached Files:

6. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hard to say at those speeds. Will you really notice any real world difference? I mean I have a hard time telling the difference between nvme and sata ssd performance on most applications.

7. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I probably wouldn't, but I paid a premium for the drive and it would like it to perform as it should. I'm just regretting buying it now. If I can get most of my money back from it, I might just buy a ex920 instead. I'll need to make sure others are seeing proper speeds on this laptop first. I don't understand why itsi underperforming though. I'll yest the stick on a couple other laptops to be sure though.

8. jmandawg

Reputations:
    FYI, from stackexchange:

CrystalDiskMark is actually a benchmark of a filesysystem on a particular disk - it can't do I/O raw to the disk alone. As such it will always have filesystem overhead in it (not necessarily a bad thing but something to be aware of e.g. because the filesystems being compared might not be the same).

9. hodgeMN

Reputations:
  10. hodgeMN

Reputations:
    I can appreciate that - you pay for something and you expect it to deliver. I just do not see the value in paying a premium for performance I will not notice outside of benchmarks. I have the ex920 installed and its a solid drive for the price.