TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. umbr@

umbr@ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thanks a lot, I definitely have something strange with my 970 evo or my laptop, because my reads are half the write speeds. still doing some test to figure it out.

Edit: I benchmarked an Intel 660p 1TB and speeds are fine, both seq write and read around 1600-1700MB/s (max speed on specs is 1800)...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  2. Blebleuh

Blebleuh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Seems that MSI Afterburner option "Apply overclocking at system startup" was the problem. It was turned on, and it seems to keep the GPU on all the time to properly oveclock/undervolt/tune it, weither you use it or not. I turned off the option, and now the GPU is off as long as Afterburner is not launched and/or it's not needed by an app. And now PKG power in TS goes down to 0.5W when idle :)

@clone1008 Thanks ! Indeed I'm quite busy these days so it's hard for me to keep the mega post up to date. Actually last time was about a week ago... so @Paska Houso please notice that it's quicker to scroll last weeks's posts in this thread and find information you're looking for, rather than for me to update the post p.109 right now. This said, I'll do it soon.

clone1008 likes this.
  3. Paska Houso

Paska Houso Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    By no means, that's why I didn't ask "when is it going to be updated ...?" and rather "is it going to be updated ... ?". It's a question and not a requirement the poster has to comply with.

Snamuh2 likes this.
  4. Paska Houso

Paska Houso Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @clone1008 Thanks ! Indeed I'm quite busy these days so it's hard for me to keep the mega post up to date. Actually last time was about a week ago... so @Paska Houso please notice that it's quicker to scroll last weeks's posts in this thread and find information you're looking for, rather than for me to update the post p.109 right now. This said, I'll do it soon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. No need to rush it. Actually it would be nice if people who have come across some new information bits would keep on posting them.

To make it easier for you (whenever you happen to find time, which I know is a scarce resource).
    --------------
    XMG has published a new BIOS/EC combination, together with a tool which writes some values to the EC. The accompanying readme seems to indicate this has to do with the management of the 180W power supply unit (XMG delivers the rig with a 180w unit)

BIOS: 1.09
    EC: 1.37.09
    ControlCenter: 1.2.3.4 (XMG customized and with animations enabled)

Note: The files seem to be intended to be updates over the UEFI BIOS, but no "UEFI" boot code is provided, which means the user will have to use the boot code from other providers. Although there are couple of executables in the pack.

Link: https://www.mysn.de/driver/1_XMG/XMG_NEO_15_XNE15M18/NEO-RELOADED/

Best regards

umbr@ and Blebleuh like this.
  5. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just a possible sign Overpowered is still active, I just bought a OP-LP3 17+ laptop at $989 today, they started selling their laptops with a quantity limit of 4, before hand it was possible to buy up to 100 units at a time.

6. ezradharma

Reputations:
    SBC3 uses a licences only the factory (Tongfang's end) can install. There are ways to get SBC 3 and pretty much any other software audio equalizer to work without the factory licences, I think the forum post about it is somewhere on this site.

7. ezradharma

Reputations:
  8. ezradharma

Reputations:
    In the standard config, all of the ports that output display (displayport mini, hdmi) will use the external GPU (in this case the GTX 1050ti). The intel GPU will focus on the laptop's display, and the GTX1050ti will focus on all display including the laptop's display when there is enough load that the iGPU isn't able to keep up. Both GPUs are always active.

9. ezradharma

Reputations:
    DaveMike11 likes this.
  10. ezradharma

Reputations:
    If anyone is wondering about the key switch specs, the clicky switch is 50g actuation force, 2.0 mm actuation distance, I plan on creating an accurate 3D model of the stem on the switches soon. It might be very similar to the low profile
    Kailh stem, just for the keycap, might need to cut the middle of the two bars to allow the switch's own bar in between, but who knows.

Blebleuh likes this.