TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    If you are only running 3.4 GHz when all cores are active then your CPU is throttling. Open up the ThrottleStop - Limit Reasons window and find out why. If it is EDP related try increasing the PP0 Current Limit. Also try increasing the Long and Short turbo power limits.

Different programs will load the CPU differently. A program that loads the CPU 100% while processing mostly AVX instructions will create a lot more heat and power consumption compared to a program that loads the CPU 100% but is not processing any AVX instructions.

3.4 GHz is definitely throttling.

2. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:

go into windows game bar and disable the game mode in that, that worked for me, i was having the same issue but now its gone.

3. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Has anyone come up with a fix for the characteristic low volume of this machine??

Been using VLC a lot since it has the option to increase the volume of a video beyond the normal 100% threshold. When doing so to around 150%, videos sound quite crisp and loud, even on our good ol' TongFang. Is there any way to tweak the laptop to perform the same volume adjustment VLC does, but for everything???

5. Minger

Minger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I haven't used my laptop for much media, but have you tried using the Windows Sound functionality to normalize things? I find that it helps on laptops

6. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have. It does help a bit, but nothing even remotely close to the adjustments and the much higher volume you get when using VLC

7. barichon

barichon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello Guys,

Quick question, i want to connect 2 24 inches screen with the intel graphic card using the mini DisplayPort AND use at the same time the HDMI output of my GTX1050Ti to connect it on a screen.

Is it possible to use both graphic cards at the same time ?

8. KnightFader

KnightFader Newbie

Reputations:
    Did you ever get this issue figured out?

9. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I figure there must be other ways to go about this issue, but for now found a program that solves to the low volume issue (up to 500% volume boost above stock limit). Letasoft Sound Booster for anyone interested: https://www.letasoft.com/

10. rtrip

rtrip Newbie

Reputations:
    Go into the Sound Blaster Connect app, turn on SBX Pro Studio, click on Smart Vol and make sure it's on and on Loud. That's for the latest version of the app. It's similar but a little different if you have the older version which came preinstalled.

oneintheblack likes this.