TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. densify

densify Newbie

Reputations:
    I was under the impression that the 2nd M.2 slot has a screw in it that you use in case you install an additional drive. You should open it up and have a look.

DaveMike11 likes this.
  2. DaveMike11

DaveMike11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you. I will open it and check them now.

3. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    REV.CENTER 2.0 1.65
    (for GTX version)

Updated 27th February 2019
    Source code released

I'm glad to announce a little tool I'm developing for our TongFang Laptop.

Why choose Rev.Center 2.0 to Gaming Center.
    Rev.Center is a smarter alternative to Gaming Center.

Why Smarter? Because most tweaks for this laptop are already included in this tool, it automatically change Voltage for every Performance Mode.
    Of course the tool is still development and some feature are missing that will added in next days, but the most important are already included.

FEATURES:
    • Performance Mode: each mode changes the relative Windows Power Plan (example: Performance Mode -> High performance Plan)
      • Silent Mode: Best mode if you need to do low-weight works as studying, browsing. It offers you the best battery life on DC mode. On battery mode it will switch automatically to PowerSaving Power Plan, on AC to Balanced Power Plan
      • Entertainment Mode: Best mode if you need more power for heavier work in quiet place.
      • Performance Mode: Unleash all the power of our i5/i7 8th generation ! All tuning settings are "setted" for the max performance (1252 pts on cinebench)
      • ( * )Custom Mode: Tune manually your laptop.
    • Throttlestop Compatibility Mode (activable from the gear icon on the Main Settings page)
    • LedBar: Change your LEDBar Colour and Brightness
    • KeyBoard Lights:
      • All keyboard layout supported (UK & USA style)
      • Multiple Profiles Support
      • Lightning effects: Static, Breathing, Wave, Ripple, Reactive, Rainbow, Marquee, Raindrop, Stacker, Impact, Aurora, Spark, Neon, Music.
      • Speed & Direction effect
      • Single Color
      • Power Saving Mode
      • Brightness Slider
      • (*)Import & Export Keyboard Profiles
    • FanMode
      • Auto: Stock Laptop fan managing. Fans are controlled by the BIOS and not by the Rev.Center2.
      • Max: Turbo Fan Boost Mode.
      • Silent: Automatically change Fan Speed to guarante the most quiet fans without worring about temperature).
      • Static: Choose a fan speed regardless of temperatures.
      • Custom: Create your custom Speed Graphs
    • System Info:
      • Monitor CPU Temperature, Utilization, frequency speed
      • Monitor GPU Temperature, Utilization, frequency, VRAM
      • Memory Usage
      • CPU Voltage
      • Battery Status
    • Additional features:
      • Nvidia GPU Switch
      • Hibernation USB Charging Switch
      • LeftWindowKey Lock Switch
      • Sleep & Ibernation Mode
      • Volume Regulator
    (*) FEATURE COMING SOON

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=13q3bXRrJYDpj0zBGVndT14XL6TD-h3Dy

Source Code: (for any info about the code write me a PM. You can do whatever you want with the code)
    https://github.com/lKinderBueno?tab=repositories

Installation:

1. Unistall Gaming Center (highly suggested)
    2. Install Rev.Center 2

Changelog
    [1.65]
    Added missing library
    Fixed Keyboard crash
    Added in the installer options: Automatic Tuning - No Automatic Tuning
    (for who are facing problem with my OC settings)

[1.6]
    Fixed Crash loop
    Fixed Several bugs
    Replaced CPU Vcore
    Removed any Intel Extreme Tuner libs
    Removed XTU3SERVICE
    Added OpenHardwareMonitor support
    Release Source Code
    Added English in the installer

[1.50]
    [MAIN TOOL]
    Improved Graphic
    Added Manual FAN Mode (with graph)
    Added CPU temerature monitor
    Added CPU voltage monitor
    Added CPU Clock monitor
    Added CPU Usage monitor
    Added Nvidia GPU clock monitor
    Added Nvidia GPU VRAM monitor
    Added Nvidia GPU Usage monitor
    Added RAM monitor
    Fixed Fan Wrong Colour
    Fixed Fake close issue
    Fixed Loading Anination stuck at startup
    Removed Loading Animation when switching performance profile
    Improved and reduced to 1 second time for Switching performance profile

[FAN MANAGER]
    (Totally rewritten)
    Added Manual Fan Mode
    Fixed Gray Bar bug over the Windows Bar
    Fixed definitevely FanManager Max speed random activation
    Improved FanManger Performance (from 0.5% Cpu use to 0%)
    Improved Automatic Fan System Performance
    Improved Quiet Fan Mode (Adequated to normal laptop temperature)
    Optimized dimension (only 38Kb)
    [KEYBOARD]
    Added Keyboard layout choose at first startup
    Added 102 Keyboard's key Layout and 101 Keyboard's layot (ex. Usa and UK layout)
    Fixed Keyboard Settings not Loading ad windows startup
    [TRAY ICON]
    Fixed Tray Icon Exit Button (now close also Rev.Center)
    Fixed Tray Icon Open Rev.Center2

[PERFORMANCE MODE]
    (Totally rewritten)
    Optimized App weight (only 22Kb)
    Added switching PowerPlan Mode
    Improved Performance by 10%

[BATTERY]
    Improved Battery Life in Silent Mode by 10%

[1.10]
    Added Keyboard Lightning (there are new light effects)
    Added better menu
    Improved (a bit) loading time
    Improved changing performance mode speed
    Improved performance on Quiet Mode
    FIxed random Turbo Fan Mode activation
    FIxed Multiple Icon Bug in the task bar
    Added "ThrottleStop Compatibility Mode" in the settings

[1.0]
    Initial Release

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  4. DaveMike11

DaveMike11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You are correct. There was a screw attached on the motherboard. I installed them and setup went well. Thank you for your quick response.

5. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    how hot does the 970 evo get while in the laptop? I know mine is pretty warm even in a desktop if you put it under a disk bench mark so that could be part of it there could also be something else limiting it if you run crystal disk mark and watch the temp in crystal disk info you might get an idea. but the built in little heatsink might help alot that the laptop case has on it

6. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    IC diamond has been great for me. just be careful applying it and if you ever remove it as the compound will give an edge to anything allowing stuff to scratch the cpu. it is very hard to spread I spread mine out but I warmed up the cpu and had the tube of icdiamond in some warm water before I applied it and its still spreads like gum. the easiest way to apply it would probably to be apply a little more then you think and let the cooler smash it out since it is quite a thick paste spreads pretty much like gum. but in the end its what my laptop needed to not have a pump out issue

oneintheblack likes this.
  7. umbr@

umbr@ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a 870 EVO 500GB and mine runs cool, never saw it over 50ºC. The base of the laptop has a thermal pad for the two m.2 ssd.

I did an ATTO bench and the maximum temperature was 45ºC (as you can see my problem is the seq read speed of only 1300MB/s): https://i.imgur.com/ioE4Nw8.png

8. Blebleuh

Blebleuh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Great and fast job !
    Here is what I noticed or would suggest:
    - Loading time of performance modes are quite long (about 5s), and during this time you cannot access other features. Maybe a loading bar and/or greyed controls during loading might help, avoiding people say "heh what's going on ? Crashed or what ? ah no"
    - Quiet mode is not quiet, with or without silent mode. Fans are running all the time :(
    - It completely messed up ThrottleStop 8.70.6 who dont launch at system startup anymore and do not stay open in the task bar (even if the option is turned on in TS settings), and some settings changed (SST value, BD PROCHOT, SPeedstep an C1E turned on while they were turned off with my settings).
    - Volume displayed on the softwares interface does not change if you change the volume with your keyboard
    - Performances are good in performance mode ! I hit over1250 on Cinebench.
    - I dont understand the purpose of the grey rectangle between "70" and "%" representing fan speed offset. Incoming feature (manually enter value ?)
    - Each time I tweak some parameters (especially fan speed offset while in static mode), a new icon of the utility pops in the tasks bar, and a small window border appears, as shown is the screenshot below. Newly poped icons disapear when you hover them with the cursor.
    - "Main settings" and "LED Bar" tabs buttons change color each time theyre clicked, not only when you switch to another tab
    - When sources will be public I'll try to learn and try to make a smaller and more sober interface in addition to your fancy one, hoping I will satisfy lazy people like me :D
    - When you open the app window by double clicking on the icon in the task bar, it takes about 5s to pop. Sometimes, it will make fans turn at max speed and I have to turn the silent mode once the window appear to make them slow down. If you double-click twice before the window pops up, the fan will turn at max speed for a short instant and the window will appear.
    - Sometimes when in silent mode you cannot change performance mode (but volume control was ok). It happened to me once and I couldnt reproduce.

Hope it can help !

Techdude594 likes this.
  9. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you for the bug report !
    - The quiet mode doesn't tune only the laptop, but it enable a "SilentMode" from the EC and for activate it there is a second of "hardware lag". The issue is that if you, for example go from Performance Mode-> Quiet Mode -> Performance Mode before EC has succefully enable/disabled Silent Mode you risk to have a Performance Mode with SilentMode enable and that mode cut a lot of performance. For this reason I have disabled the "Performance Switch Buttons" till the mode is successufully changed. In the next version I have removed the "freeze" and reduced the lag of 0.5 seconds.
    - That's strange.. Mhm, can you enable QuietMode+Silent Mode and open this little file ( https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r9fO6Tq6m5OZwXKZTjaMCh1Vct3b9Wrr ) when you hear fan spinning? Report me what it comes out in the MessageBox
    - Yes it's normal. I have to add an option for who uses Throttlestop
    -I'll fix the Volume problem later, I don' t think it's a Core feature..
    -The grey rectangle near the fan bar is something I forgot to delete. I was testing something that I decided to not implement.
    -The lot of icons problem is fixed in the next version
    -Same for "Main setting" and "ledBar" checkbox. It was a bad design choice.
    -I have to check that bug. It never happened to me

Techdude594 likes this.
  10. Plokko

Plokko Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, i have a PCS Recoil 2 (gk5cn6z) and i'm having problems with standby:
    the pc won't go on standby but only turn off the laptop's LCD, this happen if i close the lcd lid or manually set it in standby mode (i did try all power configurations and checked thoroughly any windows setting that may preventing it from going to standby).
    I tried to update Gaming centre (1.2.2.8) and BIOS 1.16 - EC 1.33.09 - Mechrevo but it did not solve the issue at all.
    After some some digging i found a command to debug the problem:
    by running
    Code:
    $powercfg/energy duration 120
    in administrative cmd the report showed that the device "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D" aka "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" was preventing the pc from entering standby.
    I tried uninstalling Gaming centre and re-installing the USB driver (they're only available throught Microsoft) and it did somehow fix the problem but i found out the keyboard stays lit even on standby (this is unaccaptable, it will drain the battery on standby!).
    Anyone having my same problem?

PS: The standby feature is a must for me, i do use it all the time when i traven from and to the work without closing all my programs.