TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, remember to eat your pie everyone.

You should be fine with a lower core, mine is fine with a lower core, and others have been too. But every set up is different, so you'll have to see what works for you.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  2. dreamcat4

dreamcat4 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. oneintheblack

oneintheblack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wish they made that bottom for the 17"

4. umbr@

umbr@ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    never tested the Inland Professional or the 660p, but both seem fine on their specs and should be ok for normal daily use.

just take in consideration that the 660p 1GB is 200TBW and the 1GB Inland is 600TBW, so if you write a lot of data per day (around GB) on a disk, you should go for the Inland ssd.

5. stesteste

stesteste Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Actually I’m using an old version of the bios from my vendor but I’ve used also XMG and Mechrevo’s ones without issues.
    For benchmarking I use the UWP version of CrystalDiskMark

umbr@ likes this.
  6. dreamcat4

dreamcat4 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah you know I did try to contact one of the Chinese resellers recently, asking them for some help in the area of accessories. I think the specific company was actually Mechrevo, who also have an online presence on aliexpress.

My request was only to ask them to list the replacement brown keyboards on ali, along with the mechrevo keycaps (because those are the same style as XMG's ones, which is to say the best type available for this notebook).

Unfortunately due to a whole variety of technical, language and cultural barriers. I'm not entirely sure how well my message actually got across, or who might have picked it up over there at Mechrevo. Especially as it was out of office hours for them. So for example, I could not ask for a better referral to somebody else.

However one interesting thing I did notice was that the company naming appeared / showed up on the site / sub-site pages as 'Tongfang'. Which leads me to believe that perhaps Mechrevo is actually Tongfang's branding in China / they are closely related as being a part of the same group of companies? That is to say: I am not really sure and would like to know this myself. As then that would then imply that contacting Mechrevo is the best / most direct way to get feedback to Tongfang, the manufacturer. As it is otherwise very difficult to find the right company information for 'this Tongfang' as opposed to the many other companies also named 'Tongfang' in china or in HK / elsewhere. Its pretty confusing.

So you know, if we know who to ask, we could at least try to ask them to provide such missing parts on aliexpress / mechrevo store outlet. Along with the other bits and pieces we need to source for these machines. Would much rather do it that way, then have to go through a local reseller.

oneintheblack likes this.
  7. umbr@

Reputations:
    I also ran CrystalDiskMark and it was the only one that reach 3400MB/s of seq read speed: https://i.imgur.com/kxYrz2B.png

But all olher benchs gave around 1200MB/s so I'm a bit confused about it. Waiting for a 660p ssd to do more benchs.

8. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If CDM says that it hits 3400MB/s then I'm sure it's fine. What other benchmarks are you referring to?

9. umbr@

Reputations:
    Anvil, AS SSD and ATTO give seq read speeds around 1000 to 1600 MB/s: https://imgur.com/a/1K0vS61

Next week I'll bench a 660p and post the results here. Let's see if it can reach 1800MB/s seq read.

10. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Silly question, do you have your laptop plugged in and on high-performance mode? Any limiting set by throttle stop or something similar? My results on AS SSD usually agree with my CMD results.

umbr@ and yayo685 like this.