TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. umbr@

umbr@ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    yes, latest versions of Magician, firmware and nvme driver.

2 questions:
    - what bios (version and vendor) are you using?
    - what benchmark did you run? did you run ATTO?

2. umbr@

umbr@ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    for the price it's ok (although it's qlc so endurance is lower). I will have my hands on one 660p, then I will post some benchmarks here.

you also have this one with a similar price (but it's only 2x):
    https://www.microcenter.com/product...pcie-nvme-gen-3-x2-internal-solid-state-drive

DaveMike11 likes this.
  3. DaveMike11

DaveMike11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for your response. I live closeby to Microcenter. I need to get one SSD today from Microcenter. which SSD you recommend for the 2nd slot. I need atleast 500GB one. I need to setup for my photo/video editing and few games installation for my son. i plan to keep the slot#1 for OS and other main apps and use the slot#2 for installing my lightroom scratch disk & catalogue/photoshop/premier pro cc, Fortnite & few games for my son.

Thanks in advance

4. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Kind of does, since the membrane seals also the rim of the keyboard. The clicks of the mechanical would still be heard, just a little less loud. This mechanical keyboard could be made quieter by disabling the mechanism that clicks which there are tons of videos of.

5. dreamcat4

dreamcat4 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well some of us were hoping that they would use the GPU update / refresh, to make some other minor hardware revisions to the chassis. To help address these shortcomings. Including yes, a larger battery.

It seems that there were no such changes at this time. These new updated laptops are due for release in the next few days. It is otherwise possible they are still planning some improvements for a future upcoming refresh in 6, 9, 12 months time. But for the current revision of the chassis the answer is 'no' based on the already released updated specs, for the new models.

However we can buy replacement bottom panels from taobao. And there is the potential for finding custom user modification(s) in this area to increase the battery beyond the 62wh. It requires someone with this laptop to come along and do more research. Investigate the charging circuit and some other candidate batteries.

steberg likes this.
  6. yayo685

yayo685 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ahh, thank you for your reply! I was hoping that we could get longer battery life so I could then spend all day in class without the charger but this is a gaming laptop and 5 hours isnt too bad. Do you have the link for the bottom case from taobao?

7. macky112

macky112 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My 17+ undervolted at -145 for both core and cache passes aida64 for 30+ min, but very rarely and randomly it hard freezes, is this still a sign of too much undervolting?

8. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes. You'll have to back off and keep playing to find a stable voltage, etc. Frustrating. I can .be completely bench stable at really low voltages (20-30 min anyway), but start doing any normal tasks and it BSOD. Had to give it a little more juice.

Try setting cache to -130 or -125 and just dial on core. Use it for a day and see how your core value ends up, then tweak the cache voltage another day.

9. macky112

macky112 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thank you for the reply

Do we know for sure if these OP laptops need core and cache to be the same or not?

10. Frdmjstc

Frdmjstc Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry I didnt respond faster. The charger I ordered is available here:

https://www.ebay.com/p/Original-180w-ASUS-Rog-G752vs-G752vs-xb72k-Charger-AC-Adapter/1147191620

Honestly, as long as they pump out 19V +_0.5V it's totally fine. The charging circuit can definitely accommodate variances. I personally chose the ASUS because it was more aethetically pleasing vs the LiteON/Targus.