TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. Zeddi

Zeddi Newbie

Reputations:

Per Unclewebb's suggestion.

Using the rwdrv.sys worked for me in the sense that my LP-OP3 was no longer TPL limited to 56w.
    • TW no longer flags any limit reasons in the Limit reasons window
    • When using rwdrv.sys the system no longer reports power limits in HWinfo 64...
    • The 8750H is able to run Cinebench at 3.9ghz all core and scores 1240-1250 in my testing at ~64w.7 (An improvement from a score of 1217 @ ~3.7GHZ ~56w)
    A couple issues with reliability and rwdrv.sys
    • TPL Limits reinstate on wake from sleep and hibernate
    • TPL Limits reinstate on reboot/powercycle/shutdown
    • TS states that it cannot locate rwdrv.sys after reboot/powercycle/coldboot
    If I close TS, delete rwdrv.sys and extract a new copy and restrart TS TPL limits are removed again. The same behavior as if you first ran through the process
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Regards,

Zeddi

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    dreamcat4 likes this.
  3. anthony_a1k

anthony_a1k Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you can create an Ultra Power Saving option for student users that would make us extremely grateful.

4. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    Make sure you are using TS 8.70.6. The download link is in my signature. I believe the bug you found has already been fixed. Exit ThrottleStop. Download, unzip and copy the new ThrottleStop.exe into your ThrottleStop folder.

Thanks for the pic. A fully loaded 8750H with all threads reporting the 39.00 multiplier is what I like to see. Not a hint of throttling.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    undervolter0x0309 and em0ney14 like this.
  5. scottydo42

scottydo42 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So, did Walmart completely kill this OP line? Would it be impossible to issue an replacement? I have few physical things wrong with my unit (dent on top aluminum and a warped right hinge). Only a few more days left for my return window, not sure what to do since I like this laptop. Anyone's right hinge look like THIS? It protrudes out ~1.5cm compared to the the left and makes a noise when the panel goes past 90 degrees.

6. derekdauzat

derekdauzat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    how can I view all uploaded images for this particular thread? just trying to compare all throttlestop settings... maybe there's the best of the best.. for op 15+

7. derekdauzat

Reputations:
    whats a sweet spot for IccMax ?? i have it at 68.00 and my temps hover around 74-78c
    35-41 watts
    35 -39ghz

8. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    What is your goal? For maximum performance, crank it up if it needs to be cranked up.

Cooling seems decent in these laptops so why not follow the advice that @Zeddi posted above? His 8750H can run Cinebench at its full Intel rated speed without any throttling issues.

9. derekdauzat

Reputations:
    id like to stay just under or right at 80c max.. even if it means sacrificing lil performance.. im not all that familiar with the settings and what they do... or what conflicts with another setting.. iv watch and read the guides.. i have the OP 15+ 8750h..
    looking for a set it and forget it setting.. i am 100% most of the time plugged in..

10. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    man my op 17+ is just super power hungry under cinnbench it will hold 72ish watts all the way threw but I mean I got a 1300 in cinbench so I wont complain to much. I run a -140 and -125 undervolt other wise if I go to low it has issues at lower clocks. but amazingly I only hit a max of 77-80 in cinnbench runs even tho im holding 72-74 watts threw out. but if I cap it and make it hold 65 watts it will hold 3.9ghz almost threw out the whole test but for right at the start which is odd it seems the first thing to get droped down by power limit it cache freq so there may be a point where the extra power vs speed hits a steep curve as cache freq being throttled doesnt effect performance alot.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019