TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    with it being on the back of the laptop for the 17 inch I find the right angle plug quite nice as I feel id would probably bend a straight plug a lot more with the placement of the plug in

2. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    If a recommendation works, why not post a screenshot of ThrottleStop, etc. so other users can see what you did and what the results are? I am curious too. What does HWiNFO report for your power limits after you check the "Disable and Lock" box in ThrottleStop? I have heard that what some monitoring apps are reporting is confusing some users.

No worries. I am not offended by that. :)
    I think I flunked out of school when they started talking about user interface design. Boring! I was the nerdy guy in the back row dreaming up new overclocking methods like a mad scientist. Once you get TS figured out, at least it works well. That is more than one can say about XTU.

That makes sense. More current going through a CPU will increase power consumption and that will result in higher temps. Same as above. If you learn something new, post some pictures. Run a simple benchmark like Cinebench, adust the PP0 Current Limit from low to high and show us what happens to the ThrottleStop reported CPU speed. It makes it a lot easier for others if they can see how to setup ThrottleStop and see what the various boxes and buttons do. I am sure many people end up at this forum without any English language skills. Some screenshots while testing are valuable.

I had a look at the Intel datasheet and it shows that the Max current for a 6 core 8750H is 128 Amps and for the 4 core 45 Watt CPUs it is 86 Amps. As long as your temps are OK, it should not be a problem if you increase your PP0 Current Limit within this range.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/w...heets/8th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-1.pdf

[​IMG]

ZaiArgylle, Blebleuh and em0ney14 like this.
  3. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anyone have issues installing the Intel Graphics driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28514/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers ?

I am, with installing the new driver as well as trying to install the driver included in the OP package, I get "The operating system is not supported" but the drivers say they are compatible for 1803.

The installed driver is dated 8/27/2018... the new one is 1/17/2019.

I did not do a fresh windows install, so if someone that did could verify that is the issue that would be great (well not really, I don't want to have to do a clean install after I have everything on here already lol)

4. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    No issues with the install on mine, but I did a fresh install with 1809, lol.

Dannemand likes this.
  5. demon09

Reputations:
    just to make sure you did uninstall the ones currently on the system first right? "These new drivers labeled as Windows DCH graphics drivers aren't backward compatible with our previous graphics drivers that we are now labeling Legacy. This means if later you want to revert to a Legacy driver you will need to uninstall the driver via Windows Apps and Features and reboot the system before installing a Legacy driver. Failure to do so may result in minor to major system instability"

6. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    You can also use display driver uninstaller (google DDU) to remove the Intel drivers.

ALLurGroceries likes this.
  7. Snamuh2

Snamuh2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does this work with the Nvidia driver's as well?

8. demon09

Reputations:
    works fine I am running the latest intel driver I just uninstalled the one that came on there. doesnt seem to effect my nvidia driver at all

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  9. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    These are the two different error codes I get.

[​IMG]

Full Uninstall of the intel display driver and trying to install the new drivers yields the same result, and the only drivers that are allowed to install are the 8/27/2018 version 24.20.100.6292.

Fresh windows install is on the way now. (1809 so we shall see, i'll update on the situation)

10. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Even after 1809, the problem persist... BUT, I fixed it by opening the properties of the .exe and unchecking the compatibility mode, for some reason it was trying to run in windows xp ?!?!!?

[​IMG]

Drivers installed fine, no problems.

Snamuh2 likes this.