TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    sounds similar to how my laptop behaved noctua nt h1 is just to thin for my laptop at least. I am using ICdiamond paste atm and it is holding up well. other thicker paste may also work ICdiamond is alot harder to apply as it goes on like gum but it resist pump out because of that thickness. just be cautious if you go the ICdiamond route when applying and removing watch out for anything even kinda hard as the diamond particles will give things and edge its almost like a polishing compound

2. Nitroturtle

Nitroturtle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Setting PP0 to 100 definitely allowed the pkg power to go higher, along with temps. I don't think I'm going to leave it raised though, as my current usage doesn't seem to be pushing the limits. How can I find out the stock value for PP0? I can't seem to find it in any of my monitoring tools.

3. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    odd my OP 17+ has a PP0 limit of 110 by default but it does have PP0 turbo time at 0.0010.

4. FluffyQuido

FluffyQuido Newbie

Reputations:
    I've had my Recoil 2 for nearly 4 months now and I just noticed some weird fan behaviour. In Office Mode, the lowest fan speed you can put in 30% and it goes up in 10% increments but it seems like in Gaming Mode, it goes up in 5% increments. I know it may not seem like a big deal but it's just odd that they couldn't add that into Office Mode as well. It also sucks that the minimum is set at 30% as it is the perfect speed for the fans to keep turning off and on which gets annoying. I can't imagine allowing 5% increments and lowering the minimum fan speed would take much time either :/

5. Nitroturtle

Nitroturtle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Now I'm wondering if I changed it to 80 at some point. I thought that was the default on mine, but tbh I'm not entirely sure.

6. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It was 80 on mine.

7. boidsonly

boidsonly Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does anyone have a source for a spare 180w power supply? I like to keep one packed so I don't have to crawl under the couch every time I want to leave with my LP-OP2. Thanks!

8. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If I'm correct, that charger input is 5.5mmx2.5mm ( I don't have my tongfang anymore). Almost any kind of charger as long as it has that jack will work.
    If you really want to go with a version that ships with all of the Tongfangs, this would be it: https://www.eluktronics.com/Mech-15-G2-180-Watt/
    Getting a 230w genetic or from a name brand might be cheaper.
    If you end up with getting a higher wattage charger, I would only take the smaller one to travel.

EDIT: Did a check, the Charger port is similar to a mini display port size which is 4.6 by 7.5

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    kdont likes this.
  9. clone1008

clone1008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Now if we could just find one with a straight plug in.

Sent from my Samsung Note 9 "SM-N960U" using Tapatalk

10. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Most of them on amazon I’ve found are straight.