TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Zeddi

Zeddi Newbie

Reputations:
    First off Thank replying.
    Lock box is not checked. I have attached screenshots and am totally stumped.

I did not mean to indicate that TS was the problem and am just confused about why I can't change the PL1,PL2 with TS or XTU.

I am assuming it is due to a BIOS lock which is why I was asking about Bios version compatibility of the 15" on this 17".

Was thinking about digging through my garage to find my CH341 on account of @Lost_N_BIOS's progress over at win-raid and the possibility that one of the hidden advanced menu's for the OP-LP2 may unlock PL1 and PL2.

Also if anyone could chime in on if the LP2 bios flashes without issue on the LP3. I read somewhere that different chassis = different bios with these tongfangs? I also read here and other places that the HW is identical in both the LP2 and LP3. Unfortunately I was only able to get my hands on an LP3 and am a little apprehensive.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kind Regards,

Zeddi

2. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:

Thanks for your help. I was able to reduce the usage down to 35w - 45w when adjusting IccMax. What is a good Watt value to try to get the CPU to on battery power given the small stock battery?

3. Zeddi

Zeddi Newbie

Reputations:
    The mydigitalSSD NVME PBX Pro is a pretty sweet deal and works well with these Chassis

https://www.amazon.com/MyDigitalSSD-80mm-2280-S3-M-Express-960GB/dp/B07GZ29CSZ?th=1

I am seeing 2200-2500mb reads and around 1500mbs writes on the OP-LP3. Faster for scrubbing video and loading games than the Sata M.2

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  4. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:
    I was able to hit another high score of 1270 in Cinebench with a 100% stock setup (Single Stick RAM, SSD, PASTE, BIOS, etc.)

1270.jpg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  6. Zeddi

Zeddi Newbie

Reputations:
    Specifically which stock Bios?

7. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:
    100% stock Walmart image with November build

Gaming Center: V1.2.2.1
    BIOS Version: N.1.05
    EC Version: 1.35.09
    Build 11/2018
    Product: OP-LP2

8. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    @Zeddi - Try using the FIVR - Disable and Lock Turbo Power Limits feature and see if that will get you beyond the 56 Watt limit. Intel uses multiple power limits.

It depends what sort of apps you need to run when on battery power and how much abuse these batteries can take. It is all trial and error. Without having a handful of batteries to test, it is hard to say.

9. Zeddi

Zeddi Newbie

Reputations:
    @unclewebb

Thank you sir. that worked perfectly.

10. Blebleuh

Blebleuh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just discovered what you guys call the "pump-out effect" endured by thermal paste, especially the most liquid ones, and I think I'm affected because of the following reasons:
    - I have Noctua NT-H1 applied and it seems to be very liquid compared to others
    - I experience a gap of 20°C between CPU threads during load. More precisely, during a TS bench of 1024M on all 12 threads, the 4 first ones in the list easily hit 95-96°C and thermal throttle, while the two last ones stay around 75°C. The 6 others in the middle are in a range between 80 and 90°C. When idle, the 2 last threads are always about 5°C cooler than the first ones. Is it a normal behavior due to how the CPU manage its load between each thread ? Or is there something wrong ?

I'm also wondering about replacing the blue thermal pads surrounding CPU and GPU. I remember when I opened the laptop to apply NT-H1, they looked not sticky enough to stay in place. So I think maybe their role in thermal throttling is neglected. Does anyone of you have a more precise answer about that ? And maybe a suggestion for what pads to buy as replacement ? I only saw those ones suggested by @MuzzleFuzzle but I would like to find something easily available in EU.

THANKS to get into this work !
    My 2 cents:
    - I'm not a big fan of fancy interfaces, like actual Gaming Center' or MSI Afterburner ones. I always prefer to stick with something sober. Maybe not as cryptic as TS interface (sorry @unclewebb I love your work anyway :) ), but just small and effective. Maybe I can help for this kind of UI design if you want ! Is it conceivable to have a "switch between fancy/boring themes" button ?
    - Maybe for some of us who like to tune as they want : the ability to disable the XTU profiles set by the control center (considering it will work the same way in your version - and yeah it might mess up your super silent mode but eh I bet some of us would prefer to set their own super silent mode as they want).
    - Thanks again !