TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ah, I think I remember that now too. I'll update my previous posts.

2. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Oddly I ran the EC update by right clicking and running as admin without issue, but just to be on the safe side an elevated command prompt may be best.

3. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys, I'm developing a better Gaming Center (open source) with a better interface (something will be similar to the Control Center from Clevo).
    I know it is a not a necessary thing, but I don't like the Gaming Center, it's too slow and buggy.
    • I already fixed the "Office Mode" and it is much more responsive (Sometimes Gaming Center get stuck and has fans on also if you set fans speed at 0%).
    • Added a "Super Quiet Mode" Which will let your PC super quiet without having throttling (of course performance will be lower, but it is perfect if you are only using the laptop for studying or surfing internet.
    • Added a "High Performance Mode" using fix found on this thread (PL1 and PL2 set at higher Value)
    • Bios Update Checker
    • Import and export keyboard lightning layout
    • I'll try to port the FanSpeed feature on Linux (I have few ideas)
    I know there are only few people who don't like Gaming Center, but if someone has some request I can try to add some feature

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    TrungGap, chili.red, Blebleuh and 7 others like this.
  4. eazymizi

eazymizi Newbie

Reputations:
    You're a savior, no really A TRUE SAVIOR.
    i hate the current control center AS HELL,
    My requests for your GamingCenter is to
    - Keep it simple as with not so much motion effects.
    - Try to add some backlight effects for the keyboard ( if possible of course ).
    - The Light bar to be colorful while charging ONLY ( not both as the current GC does ) and/or to color change while low and/or on battery ( maybe red ? ).
    I'm totally excited to try it actually, Good luck and thank you <3

5. Nitroturtle

Nitroturtle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just wanted to make sure something wasn't setup incorrectly. I have a 17+ so temps are very low. I haven't seen it go higher than 80. So just wasn't sure why it was throttling. I have TPL1/TPL2 set to 65/80. Don't have PP0 limit set in TS, how to I find what this is set to currently? When AIDA64 stress test is running TS is showing just under 60W for pkg power. Shouldn't that go to 65W with my settings?

Ability to import/export keyboard layouts would be fantastic. I had a bunch of different profiles setup and lost them due to reinstalling GC, kinda annoying.

6. Paska Houso

Paska Houso Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Followed the instructions from XMG and installed the combo BIOS 1.09 EC 1.37.09 and executed the (apparently life-changing) "exe" which writes some values to BIOS/EC and will change some bits with regards to the power supply type (possibly related to the 150W / 180W issue) And then installed ControlCenter 1.2.3.4_XMG (which by default enables the hateful animations)

Without much testing I have gone back to OverPowered 1.05 - 1.35.09. The reason: after closing the lid, opening it would not bring the display back to life. One had to suspend Windows (for example with Fn + F1) and then bring it back to life.

The road back to EC 1.35 is not straightforward because the 02_EC.bat will try to update it, but later the BIOS screen shows that 1.37 is the latest firmware and no downgrade happens. So:

• Downgraded via UEFI to Mechrevo 1.33.09
    • Upgraded with autobat to OverPowered 1.35.09
    And the display does now survive a simple closing/opening of the lid.

Blebleuh likes this.
  7. xanderm87

xanderm87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Laptop Op-L2
    Bios :N1.04 9.28.18
    Ec =Embedded control ??? 1.33

8. Zeddi

Zeddi Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if the BIOS revisions for GK5CN6Z OP-LP2 will work on the GK7CN6 OP-LP3.

I am stuck at 55.6 watts package power and was hoping use one of the other BIOS's.

Was unable to change PL1 & PL2 with XTU or TS.

Currently on OP-LP3
    BIOS N.1.04
    EC 1.07.09
    OP control center 1.2.2.8

I have lurked here since December and read entire thread and apologize for asking if the answer is obvious just stuck ATM.

Regards,

Zeddi

9. Kjammer

Kjammer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone get their laptop back from overpowered support? How did it go? I am about to send mine in to get the blacklight bleed on the panel repaired/replaced.

10. xanderm87

xanderm87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Thanks this really help , was perfect for a dummy like me :)
    I got that file from page 109.
    Now i have Bios N.1.05
    Ec:1.35.09

I saw more advices there i will try to make more setting to make this laptop better ..
    This video from Bob is ok no?? this will help?

Btw at page 109 i saw another Bios 1.06 -ec 1.24.09 Illegear what this???
    If you have more advices they are welcomed .

Thanks again for everything guy!!!