TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. arcticjoe

arcticjoe Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'd stick Gelid GC Extreme into that list, much better than MX4, on par with IC Diamond but much easier to apply. MX4 unfortunately for me always lost its performance after a while, I suspect bubbles or cracks would form in the compound.

dreamcat4 likes this.
  2. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If it stays put like ICdiamond does then it would be great as applying that stuff on a rectangle if not spreading it manually is hoping for some magic from the light pressure mounting systems of alot of laptops. and spreading icdimaond well is easier said then done as it is like spreading gum and trying not to get a bubble. Its working well for me on my laptops. but depending on the cooler lottery some may have better or worse for how flat there cooler is so they might be able to use a slightly thinner or need just as thick of a paste. my laptop also gets put into a bag quite often for travel so it sees more movement then say someone who just uses it as a desktop which I think plays a huge role into pump out of thinner pastes

3. arcticjoe

arcticjoe Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Upgraded battery update: had it on battery most of yesterday, managed to get nearly 7 hours out of it yesterdayat work, before it started beeping at me with brightness @ 20%. If working with brightness at 0% (if its dark) I've seen the battery guessometer show few ridiculous predictions of 12+ hours... Still though @ 7 hours its well worth the £60 spent on it as I can take the laptop out for a few hours without needing to pack the power brick

. 2019-01-19 10_29_44-New Tab.png

4. steberg

steberg Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well no improvement on the raw power since the OP bios, actually a bit less CB15 scoores. But now we have the dedicated FAN - MODE switch in BIOS.

5. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try contacting any company that sells the tongfang laptop for replacement switches, some might only offer blues, some could offer browns.

If anyone can make a 3D CAD file of the keycap (stem most important), might help out anyone that wants custom keycaps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2019
  6. xanderm87

xanderm87 Newbie

Reputations:
    Good morning, I`m trying for couple of days already to update the bios on my Overpowered 15 gtx 1060 laptop and i cannot do it..Nobody answers from that support .
    I followed that post from page 109 and still i cannot do it,I triple check all the setting and the same problems.
    Where i`m trying to boot straight from my flash drive nothing happens , i press f7 (because f10 dosen`t do anything) and when i press enter to do it from the flash drive nothing happens..
    I tried do to it in windows to but the same nothing ...
    This is a video from my windows ..

Please i hope somebody can help me :(
    Thanks/

And the second,sorry for the bad quality.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2019
  7. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Well I haven't flashed the bios on mine but I can tell you that the files you are trying to boot off of won't work. If I were you, I'd download Rufus portable and use it to create a free-dos bootable drive and then copy the files over to it. From there you should be able to run the batch files.

8. xanderm87

xanderm87 Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok, I will try that tonight.
    If somebody else has another bios or more advices I’m thankful..
    I was trying to upgrade my bios so I can do some undervolting on my cpu, when I’m doing them with this Bios is worse..
    Thanks

9. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So after I've added another 16GB of RAM, I've noticed my temps are through the roof. Are these the Aida64 stress settings people are using? This was with fans on turbo. It was pulling 75w plus or minus under load.

I'm going to repaste again. Just using mx4. Kryonaut is in the mail (I hope it isn't the fake stuff)

Attached Files:

10. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    those temps look what like mine did when I used nh1 and it pumped its self out id check your temps right after repasting with mx4 and see if they slowly get worse