TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. MuzzleFuzzle

MuzzleFuzzle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yea, for about 4 months liquid metal was doing fine on my cpu. Then temperatures quickly began to rise from 60°C Max to 75°Max, and I had a break so I decided to take it apart and repaste with Kryonaut and temperatures went back down to what they should be ( 60-63°C )

Only then did I find the mess that conductonaut left behind, and the reason why my temperatures were quickly rising.

2. custom90gt

custom90gt Dellerator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    So I've been playing around with this OP15 trying to increase battery life.
    I've been able to get 4 to 4.5 hours of battery life just doing office tasks with the screen at 20% and keyboard backlight on.

Things that helped:
    Fresh install of windows.
    Undervolt and setting EPP to 160 when on battery.
    Installing Intel Rapid Storage drivers - helped cpu go from 5w idle to 1w.
    Removed 2.5" drive.
    Set gaming center to "office" for fan control and "equilibrium" for system monitoring.
    Set Nvidia control panel to ensure firefox and such were running on igpu.

I'd love to see what I could realistically get out of the bigger battery but they are out of stock everywhere.

kdont and ZaiArgylle like this.
  3. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ill try your settings as soon as I get my battery. Thanks for posting them.

On the other hand, steer clear of the nvme I said I was going to try out a couple days ago guys. It didn't even last 24 hours and started giving crazy read errors and overall not showing up unless I popped it in and out of the board a couple times...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J2Q4SWZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for reference

4. MuzzleFuzzle

MuzzleFuzzle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have you had any issues with TG Kryonaut pumping out?

I'm annoyed that MasterGel started out great; 74°C Max with only a CPU load, but now I'm up to 88°C Max with no changes to the laptop and minimal ambient temp changes.

I'm really considering giving liquid metal a go, but with how uneven my heatsink is I'm worried that it will dry out in a few weeks.

I'm assuming that liquid metal would make my already large core to core temperature differences even larger.

5. Frdmjstc

Frdmjstc Newbie

Reputations:
    is anyone still running a bios combo other than OP's BIOS 1.05 - EC 1.35.09? Consensus seems these are the best from reading the thread posts, but post 1 still says 1.16 Mechrevo for performance and 1.03 XMG for battery.

6. nhidog

nhidog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Got tired of finger magnet, got some carbon fiber sticker from AliExpress $2.55 and fixed it. Bonus since I have sweaty hands it actually tracks better. Clicking mouse no longer works but I only tap to press anyways.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TrungGap, Installed64 and GTRagnarok like this.
  7. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just ordered this battery today. $78 shipped.
    http://www.batteriess.de/getac-gk5cn00134s1p0-152v-6232wh-laptop-akku-batterien-p-28645.html

EDIT:
    Running through checkout again, the price is now lower than when I bought it. Showing it would be $71 shipped to me now. (5-12 days shipping)

EDIT:
    They cancelled my order saying it was out of stock! ugh.

Oh, my "s" key led is going bad. Always shows a little red tint now. Any fix, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2019
  8. Paska Houso

Paska Houso Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There seems to be a new XMG Combo which was added yesterday (less than 24 hours ago)

Link: https://www.mysn.de/driver/1_XMG/XMG_NEO_15_XNE15M18/BIOS/

Contents:
    And the readme says: "fix thermal throttling problems on silent switch barebone"

I wonder why the mega jump from 1.03 to 1.09 if that's all ...

A new ControlCenter is also available, version 1.2.3.4

- https://www.mysn.de/driver/1_XMG/XMG_NEO_15_XNE15M18/Driver/

Direct Link: https://www.mysn.de/driver/1_XMG/XMG_NEO_15_XNE15M18/Driver/04_ControlCenter_1.2.3.4_XMG.zip

And even more ... everything is put together in a directory named "XMG_NEO_15_XNE15M18/NEO-RELOADED" which contains an additional and very clarifying readme.txt

Link: https://www.mysn.de/driver/1_XMG/XMG_NEO_15_XNE15M18/NEO-RELOADED/

How to install "NEO-RELOADED" Software/Firmware package:

1. deinstall old ControlCenter (GamingCenter)
    2. flash EC 1.37.09
    3. flash BIOS N.1.09
    4. execute "XMG_6Z.exe" from "XMG-NEO-15-M18_ECWRITE.zip"
    5. install new ControlCenter version 1.2.3.4
    6. Enter BIOS Setup and select "Load Setup Defaults"

Please note: the one-time tool "XMG_6Z.exe" only has to be executed once in the lifetime of the laptop.
    It writes permanent values into the mainboard regarding the usage of 180W power supply.
    The tool does not need to be run again for future BIOS updates.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    custom90gt, nimaim, Snamuh2 and 2 others like this.
  9. dreamcat4

dreamcat4 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi @ezradharma that is exactly what we have been looking for. Thank you so much!

But also:

If you happen to see any keyboards or keycaps for these on taobao. Please let us know. Because that is the other major thing we need to source independently as a 3rd party component. Thank you.

10. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    seems to be holding quite well. I did do a spread with my finger in a plastic bag the old school way. warmed the paste up before hand in some water in its tube before I opened it. it spreads kinda like gum. you might be able to get away with just the rice grain method or something but im not sure how well this cooler would spread it. but temps have stayed the same since application vs Nh1 would seem to just pump out quite fast. my laptop does more around more then some. so there may be people who pretty much use the laptop as a desktop and can get away with thinner pastes. but if you ever do repaste ic diamond be careful removing it and use a soft cloth like a microfiber cloth as the diamond particles will give an edge to things

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019