TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    It has already been reported in this forum that the battery used in these laptops is not happy during full load stress testing.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ongfang-gk5cn6z.815943/page-278#post-10844453

I know for years that many Dell laptops would instantly throttle when switching from AC to battery power. This was done deliberately to protect their batteries. After 5 or 10 seconds, they would try to go back to full speed. Maybe I am just old school and laptop batteries do not need to be babied like this any more. If it was my laptop and my battery, I would avoid running Prime95 while on battery power. Just an opinion.

clone1008 and chili.red like this.
  2. oneintheblack

oneintheblack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if Eluktronics is going to be releasing an RTX version? I'm hoping the price comes down on this model. It doesn't appear WM is going to be getting anymore in stock.

3. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    when you say overclock what do you mean?? are you some how able to overclock the 8750h or something?

4. yayo685

yayo685 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not the cpu but the gpu using msi afterburner.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. Tweak155

Tweak155 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, there has at least been links to models with RTX already previously in this thread... I do believe they were Eluktronics versions, but even if not, I imagine they will get them.

oneintheblack likes this.
  6. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Tweak155 I haven't seen any Eluktronics offerings with RTX yet but surely they will get them eventually. Unfortunately, their pricing is not aggressive.
    You have me curious now... how did you change it to toggle max fan on/off instead of office/game mode? I heard a BIOS update fixes this for the 17" but I haven't bothered with that yet.

oneintheblack likes this.
  7. macky112

macky112 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    my OP 17+ came configured the way you described, the "fan" button toggles between Gaming and Office fan profiles.

and as I was poking around with the OemServiceWinApp.exe, I found that:

SetApCtrl /FB

would change the behavior of the Fan button.
    Setting it to 0 makes the fan button behave like you described, toggling between Gaming and Office fan profiles (default on 17+)
    ie run from Admin CMD window:
    OemServiceWinApp.exe SetApCtrl /FB 0
    AMIDEWINx64.exe /OS 16 1D051053Z1100500

setting it to 1 makes the fan button toggle Turbo fan profile on/off (default on 15+)
    ie run from Admin CMD window:
    OemServiceWinApp.exe SetApCtrl /FB 1
    AMIDEWINx64.exe /OS 16 1D051053Z1100500

I made it toggle Turbo when i was still benching the 17+, and then I switched it back to toggling between Gaming and Office fan profiles after I am happy with the settings. As I find the instant "silent mode" is more useful than the instant "jet taking off mode" on a daily basis LOL

link to the zip file

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ongfang-gk5cn6z.815943/page-101#post-10802356

extract the zip file, and use the OemServiceWinApp.exe and the AMIDEWINx64.exe from that zip file

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  8. macky112

macky112 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    sorry i was typing on my phone last night and didnt remember what the commands were, and i didnt realized I actually posted the half completed message!

Installed64 and oneintheblack like this.
  9. rtrip

rtrip Newbie

Reputations:
    Nice catch!

I tried to do this but I think I did something wrong. From the Admin CMD window I navigated to the \program files\oem\control center directory. I entered "OemServiceWinApp.exe SetApCtrl /FB 0" and it said Operation Complete. I then entered "AMIDEWINx64.exe /OS 16 1D051053Z1100500" and it did not recognize the command.

The button still toggles the turbo even after I SetSpCtrl /FB 0.

Am I doing something wrong or does it not work on the 15?

10. macky112

macky112 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    ah my bad, sorry for not being clear!

you need to grab the zip file from this post

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ongfang-gk5cn6z.815943/page-101#post-10802356

and extract it, and use the OemServiceWinApp.exe and the AMIDEWINx64.exe from that zip file