TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. nhidog

nhidog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You can try thaiphoon it might read out model number. It definitely reads out manufacturer chip brands and timing.

http://www.softnology.biz

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

custom90gt likes this.
  2. rtrip

rtrip Newbie

Reputations:
    From what I've read that's a great single channel score. I got my core voltage down to -175.8mv before I started seeing errors in TS Bench. I also repaste with liquid metal. On AIDA64 stress tests the cpu temp never moves past 70 and more importantly never uses the high fan speeds. It just spools up a bit when it reaches 70 and spools back down when it's below 70. Overall I'm pleased with the gaming mode fan presets.

The only thing I wish is there was a way of toggling office mode and gaming mode without opening the control center. In office mode I put all the fans at 0% in the fan control and the temperature trends towards 45 with light web surfing and spotify. When I stress it the fan turns on at 70 but turns off at 65 and passively returns to 45 which is awesome. Gaming mode turns on the fans at it's minimum speed to push the cpu temp below 40 which is fine but I prefer no fan.

Edit: I got blue screens in games at -175 and -145mv before settling at -125mv core voltage. It's odd that it could pass AIDA64's cpu stress test for 30 mins without bluescreening at the more agressive undervolts, but not 15 mins of ck2.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  3. boidsonly

boidsonly Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  4. turbo87

turbo87 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Guys, I need help with the Sound Blaster Connect SW. When I open it up now, it just shows a blank page with the speaker vol muted out on the bottom right. I had it setup with the configuration listed here couple of weeks ago and everything was working fine. Now it looks like my OP 15+ doesn't even recognize the sound blaster audio. Its also not listed under the device manager audio section. Even though I don't think it ever did. Any suggestions?

5. turbo87

turbo87 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    ok, it looks like some creative technology software component (2.0.0.30) and extension (2.0.0.30) from Dec 7th were updated today by windows today. I am wondering if these are the culprits. Anyway I can go back to previous version from creative?

Fixed it: Just went back to the previous drivers and it's working now. Found out that SB is listed under "Software Components" in DM.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  6. Oniivisione

Oniivisione Newbie

Reputations:
    So I've had the OP 15+ for three weeks by now and the Phison 256gb SSD that it came with has already failed. The system would randomly shut off when idling a week ago and have trouble booting to Windows even though the drive showed up in the BIOS, but now the SSD isn't even showing up in the BIOS anymore. If you haven't replaced the Phison SSD yet, I would do so ASAP.

7. abraham3991

abraham3991 Newbie

Reputations:
    It's like these heatsink screws are designed to be stripped. I got all the screws off OK except 2 one of which is still in my laptop and can't remove, completely stripped. I wanted to repaste!

edit: finally gave up couldnt repaste but i upgraded to dual channel if anyone wants a 16 gb goldkey stick lmk

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Frdmjstc likes this.
  8. Minger

Minger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I only had issues with heatsink screw 6. The other 5 were fine - maybe your screwdriver could be part of the problem?

On the 8300H under Aida64 it looks like my numbers are:

Stock: 70 degrees max
    Stock paste with -135mv undervolt: 68
    Kryonaut, no undervolt: 60-61
    Kryonaut, -135 undervolt: The same 60-61 for the max

All of these seem to float on average of like 55 and just small blips for the cores. I'm guessing 100% is less of a deal on the 4 core than you guys with the 6

9. nhidog

nhidog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    AliExpress has mechrevo Z2 for $700. It's base model with larger battery. Not bad considering AliExpress doesn't charge tax. So about 150 more than Walmart OP 15. But in stock with larger battery and better key caps
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/pWxMphW

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10. ApplePi

ApplePi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The screws should only be getting stripped if you are using the wrong sized screw driver, using an oversized or undersized screwdriver increases the risk of stripping screws.