TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Alex Halvorson

Alex Halvorson Newbie

Reputations:
    I have tried my best to look but have been unable to get a clear answer or advice. I created an account just to ask this question and potentially others regarding this platform in the future. I have the 15+ with the factory Goldkey single channel. Does purchasing another matching Goldkey and putting it into the other slot make it dual channel? What are peoples recommendations on either adding an additional Goldkey vs. selling the Goldkey and getting a 8GBx2 Kit. Also, what is the best (less than $140?) 8GBx2 set for this laptop. Thanks for the help everyone, this community has an incredible amount of support.

2. Snamuh2

Snamuh2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Look at killerkhatiby009's posts. Having dual Channel might not be necessary for your needs.

Sorry I dont have a direct answer.

3. TheTaxCollector

TheTaxCollector Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone tell me - or link me to a tutorial - on how to correctly partition a 256GB SSD on this laptop? I can’t seem to understand what to do no matter what videos I watch

Thanks

4. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello @unclewebb , did you get the chance to read these posts? Thanks in advance.

5. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Second part is following post to the one linked. Since its only images, it doesn't seem to show as a quote.

6. macky112

macky112 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just tried Linux Mint 19.1 because I am so familiar with Linux Mint, and I cannot get external monitor working. (I tried every version of Mint on my MSI GE72 6QD past 17.3 and cannot get external monitors working correctly, so I am still on 17.3)

can you help confirm external monitor works on Manjaro?

7. derekdauzat

derekdauzat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  8. hnamanh

hnamanh Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for posting the EFI. Everything is working with it except for the touchpad. Do you know how I can fix that?

9. Trevayne10

Trevayne10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Not sure if this concern is legit or not, but I've heard that undervolting can also damage a CPU, especially components such as MOSFETS. The argument is that when solid state devices don't get their rated spec. voltage, they end up drawing more current instead, to make up for the shortfall, which can damage the CPU and shorten its life.

10. Gregory Carroll

Gregory Carroll Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone....I tried to do search for this but didn't see anything....I have the OP 15+ and noticed that my touch pad is erratic...its doesn't always happen but just randomly when I'm typing. Is anyone else having this issue or suggestions to resolve this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk