TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. macky112

macky112 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    so if I want to do a fresh Win10 install, should I build the install USB drive from the April 2018 Update to avoid 1809? (btw, what's wrong with 1809?)

2. thetraveler1

thetraveler1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Everyone,

Did OP support ever come back to you regarding the warranty being voided if you take the sticker off? I’ve mentioned about a law preventing companies from doing this and what their stance is regarding it.

Their response:

“Hello,

We are checking with the warranty center and once we hear back we will let you know ASAP.

Thank you,
    Opowered Support”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Nitroturtle

Nitroturtle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had both here and the 15+ is boxed up to be returned tonight. Keyboard on the 17, even though it's just different caps, felt much better to me. I also much prefer the soft plastic wrist rest versus the aluminum, not sure why most seem to prefer the opposite. As for size, I had a Dell G5 too that was returned when I got the OP units and the 17+ was almost the exact same size, so for a 17" it's very small. The fans on the 17 also seem to run much less and temps are amazing, I haven't had it go any higher than low 80s and that's just with fans in gaming mode, not using turbo.

My take on it, if you care about portability the 15+ may be the better choice. In my case, it's mainly for use on the couch, so I opted for the 'better' keyboard, larger screen and better thermals. Honestly, both are great machines and it was very hard for me to not come up with some excuse to keep the 15+ as well.

4. clone1008

clone1008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have had absolutely no problems with 1809

5. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I used these settings as well but kept the CPU and Cache both at -132.8. It seems stable and I notched a 1266 on Cinebench. Very cool, thanks for posting! I should clarify that I have the OP 17+ not the 15+.

faiz23 likes this.
  6. Frdmjstc

Frdmjstc Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have both laptops and love both. The 15+ will be for travel, and the 17+is my desktop replacement. One thing I definitely like on the 17+ is the keyboard. I can indeed confirm the keys can be swapped but I can also confirm that they touch the screen. These keys look like they have an anodized aluminum finish or at least a metallic paint finish over nylon/delrin.

Will keys touching the screen damage it over time? I figure it’s light light pressure, but I see complaints from other notebook owners that the smudging/marking is actually damage to the anti glare coating.

I really would like to keep them on the 15 due to their concave shape and I will be using the laptop’s keyboard much more frequently than my 17+. It’s a much nicer typing experience to me.

Here’s a pic for reference.
    https://imgur.com/a/RihXDrZ

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  7. Minger

Minger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So...I put dual channel memory into my OP15 (8300/1050) and somehow I'm getting roughly the same FPS as I get on my desktop in Dota 2 now. This is at 1080p with all settings at highest other than shadows, which is just at High and not Ultra.

Desktop: Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz, 16GB @ 2997 / CL14, GTX1070

Things of note:
    Laptop prior to going to dual channel, FPS with Vulkan was flopping between 45 and 90 fps. Now its 90-120 when spectating. DX11 is ~80-90
    Desktop in both DX11/Vulkan caps aroung 120.

Vulkan has minor stutters, but thats life. I bought this laptop hoping for 60 on Dota so I'm pleasantly surprised by the FPS.

8. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    Cheers for that! :vbthumbsup:

I had a look at your screenshot and you have Speed Shift EPP checked and set to 0. That is a good setting for maximum performance when bench testing. The problem is that you do not have Speed Shift enabled. With Speed Shift enabled, ThrottleStop will show SST in green on the main screen.

[​IMG]

On these laptops, I think you need to go into the ThrottleStop TPL window to enable Speed Shift. An EPP setting between 80 and 128 is good for daily use. 0 when plugged in is fine.

For the Turbo Ratio Limits, the default specs for the 8750H are 41, 41, 40, 40, 39, 39. This CPU does not support overclocking so there is no need to set any of these higher than the default spec.

dreamcat4, Installed64 and em0ney14 like this.
  9. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:

Oh man totally missed that setting under the TPL screen. I remember doing that on the original version but when I downloaded the latest and installed the RWDrv.sys file, totally forgot to click in both areas. Good catch and as always we appreciate your assistance.

10. ptrout

ptrout Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No I meant that, i ran windows updater but it wont update to 1809. My is 1803 but says its up to date