TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So, I was running some tests while on battery (mainly to confirm if I had any of the throttling issues mentioned by other users) and something interesting happened when I ran a TS Bench (12T / 1024M): 5 seconds into the benchmarking my laptop completely died and it wouldn't turn on again by any means unplugged. After plugging it booted up fine, but I noticed the battery had completely drained (It was in 74% when I started the TS Benchmark). I have been using these settings without issues with the laptop plugged in and, as mentioned before, this didn't feel like system stability.

Any idea why this happened? Also, if anyone has any specific recommendations with regards to the settings, please let me know!

Attached Files:

2. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:

Attached Files:

3. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    when undervolting alot on core be carefull when on battery and it goes to a low clock it can become unstable you can combat this by changing minimum clock speed on battery setting in the performance plan area.

oneintheblack and Installed64 like this.
  4. demon09

Reputations:
    setting a tdp to low will cause the laptop to thorttle but setting it to high wont really matter. you could set 100 but it will really only draw so much in cinbench it seems to pull about 72 watts or so at some spots. but settings it to say 75 will just remove it as a thing that limits your cpu if it is getting to hot you may want a lower tdp.

5. schmoken

schmoken Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I feel your pain. Just now I got Manjaro up and running:

To get a successful boot to the live CD, I had to hit 'e' and change the grub parameter only for nouveau.modeset to from 1 to 0.
    After the install was done I rebooted but booted back to the live CD and used the manjaro architect to install grub on the ssd from the rescue menu after I edited grub.cfg to include the acpi_osi! acpi_osi='Windows 2009' nouveau.modeset=0 string.

The touchpad was working first thing with the 4.19 kernel, but I did install 4.20 as well with no touchpad issues. I haven't dove into the nvidia drivers just yet.

dreamcat4 likes this.
  6. demon09

Reputations:
    anyone know if the 17+ laptop from walmart can run 3000 mhz ram?

7. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:

Can you share your Throttlestop settings. I was able to hit 1249 using the latest version of TS and RwDrv.sys. I want to know if the rest of the difference is due to single channel versus dual channel RAM setup. Thanks for your help.

8. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:

Hi unclewebb,

I haven't spoke to you in a while and I hope all is going well for you in life. I really appreciate your help as always and all the effort you put into developing plus maintaining Throttlestop. I was able to beat my score and post a submission for Cinebench score of 1263. I will be buying you a beer on my payday coming up.

OP Laptop Bench 1263.jpg

Regards,
    Faiz23

KnightFader and steberg like this.
  9. rtrip

rtrip Newbie

Reputations:
    I just saw the same Tongfang 15 and 17 inch chassis' with rtx 2070s on Pcworld's CES coverage.

10. Daniel_PT

Daniel_PT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This chassis is coming very very soon with RTX 2070. When I say soon I mean really soon :) These models get the new GPUs sooner than the other brands like MSI, Asus, etc :)

So for anyone deciding what to buy, wait a bit. Altho I doubt any chassis will be able to properly cool a RTX card without massive throttling or really low clocks. Be warned about that.