TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. demon09

demon09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    got a 1298 score but just cant touch that guy on hwbot with number 1 and his 3000 mhz ram. do you know if the op 17+ supports 3000 mhz ram?

steberg and Installed64 like this.
  2. macky112

macky112 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    quick question, does power TDP affect performance if the laptop can maintain 3.9ghz under load? say 65W vs 75W while both wattage the laptop is maintaining 3.9ghz?

like, if my OP 17+ can maintain a constant 3.9ghz under load at 65watt TDP, is there any reason/benefit to change it to 75watt TDP?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    ZaiArgylle likes this.
  3. macky112

macky112 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    wow, mind sharing your settings and tweaks to achieve that score?

4. demon09

Reputations:
    woot I did it boi's number 2 no hope to touch that top guy tho. the settings I ran are not 100% stable on battery since the stability for bigger core offsets has issues if it falls below or really close to 500mv but it runs fine on battery https://hwbot.org/submission/403577...___r15_core_i7_8750h_1300_cb?recalculate=true biggest thing that helps mine was upping the max turbo wattage under that tab so that it didnt go off 3.9ghz

em0ney14 and Installed64 like this.
  5. demon09

Reputations:
    if it hits spikes of over 65 watts enough it will throttle it but in anything real world if just games you wont hit over that. but for bench marking putting it to 75 with an undervolt keeps you from going under 3.9ghz during the whole test

6. oneintheblack

oneintheblack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well my best so far. It hits 1279 about 5 times now. It averages 1275. But I think that's pretty good

Core -.250
    Cache -.130
    Agent and igpu are at -.50
    Boost power max 64
    Short power max 84
    Turbo Time Limit 56

It's interesting. From what I've heard, core and cache should be equal. But this has been the most stable, and runs the coolest during Multiple games of BF 5.

Would there be any negative effects of having my core and cache values this way?

Attached Files:

7. demon09

Reputations:
    hmm did touching agent drop anything? I left that alone but I did move my boost power to 75 just for the fact that cinbench would hit 72 at times

8. killerkhatiby009

killerkhatiby009 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    From what I know some machines require them to be the same but not all. In some cases it will also just use the lower of the 2 values when they are set differently. I'm not sure of a way to 100% confirm if the undervolt is actually working correctly and how the OP laptop works besides doing some tests and seeing if it makes any difference. @unclewebb can definitely help with clarifying this a bit more. I have mine set slightly differently too since I was having some BSOD when I had the Core and Cache set to -0.125V.

9. macky112

macky112 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So... is it the goal to find the lowest TDP that would avoid any kind of throttling, and anything above that would just generate more heat with no advantage?

10. oneintheblack

oneintheblack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well having the values set differently is definitely making a difference as far as thermals are considered. So it has to be doing something atleast. I saw about a 5 degree drop in Tempature with an offset value. If I keep them equal the most I can undervolt is -.146. Core/cache

Just a side note. While playing games. I'll bring the boost power max to 45-52w. It will hold 3.9 in BF 5 with max tempature of 88 with auto fans. Average would be 80ish

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019