TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. 99-0

99-0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You could speed up the manual dGPU kill by creating an alias in your .bashrc
    You go in your homedirectory and type sudo nano .bashrc there should be already one, if not feel free to create one. .bashrc is your terminal config file. If it has any content look if you find al line starting with alias. then add
    alias arcticjoe =
    echo '\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF' > /proc/acpi/call

This will kill the dGPU everytime you type "arcticjoe" in the terminal. You can add sudo before echo ich you have to sudo it. If your .bashrc is empty just add it. If you dont have any alias lines in there, add it at the bottom or wherever you want. Of course arcticjoe can be everything you want that isn't already taken by another command.
    e,g, mine looks like this https://imgur.com/a/m6nO8ep

No plan with the touchpad. I put every slider on slow. It kind of like works for me. Yes the one finger tap only works on the left hand side of the TP. Seems to be we have a 2 button Touchpad with a invisible button seperator.It says multi finger emulation may disable software buttons, but in my case it doesn't. Well, sometimes it just works just fine, sometimes the right hand side will ignore my taps. Touchpads and linux.... long story we can be happy it works somehow.

2. ApplePi

ApplePi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have tried this and it still is randomly throttling down to 800MHz and refuses to upclock at all. But randomly it will up clock again. And this was happening on battery around 52% not just below 40%

Edit: once it hit 40% it's still throttling to 800Mhz consistently.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  3. AyoMayo

AyoMayo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Oh yeah, to anyone who installed MyApp in favor of the Gaming Center, EasyAntiCheat flags MyApp as cheating software, which renders you unable to run multiplayer games that use it like Paladins. GamingCenter is not flagged by it, so if you play a game affected by it it's better to stick with GamingCenter.

Did you let the battery completely run out and leave it alone for at least 12 hours before re-seating it? After the laptop shuts down on its own the first time, make sure to power it again so that any and all leftover battery charge is gone. Doing this fixed the throttling for me.

4. steven weeks

steven weeks Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. ApplePi

ApplePi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The reason it is being throttled at battery is related to the PL2 powerlimit which won't let it draw more than 15W on battery.

dreamcat4 likes this.
  6. steven weeks

steven weeks Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i cant do any testing my self until i get my lap top it finnly going to be here tomorrow tracking updated >.>

7. Snamuh2

Snamuh2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is anyone running a complete fresh install of win 10?

1. To use the normal Nvidia driver I will have to install them before the computer connects to the internet? Will i run into issues later on when the driver updates? Why does the driver not work in the first place?

2. The OP package contains so many drivers (and old drivers), LOL. Is the consensus to use these drivers or let windows auto install drivers? I'm having a hard time deciphering whats what in the package.

3. The GamingCenter from OPs package doesnt work.

I reverted back to the stock install for now. Still need to check to see if it came with the newest BIOS and EC.

I followed @killerkhatiby009 tutorial, and things are looking good so far.

Now for the side project of setting up VMware so i can get official macos install files!

8. ShirtlessCubsFan

ShirtlessCubsFan Newbie

Reputations:
    Mine jumps by 2 up and down throughout the entire range, and can be kind of slow if going all the way, but it is honestly sort of welcome compared to my Dell that starts slow and then rapidly jumps to Spinal Tap levels blasting my house of sleeping kids and wife with decibels for days.

Is that what you mean?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

9. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  10. richierich

richierich Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nvidia was likely trying to dump their previous 1000-series GPU chips for dirt cheap since they have released the RTX 2000-series GPUs. We won’t see any pricing similar to the blowout pricing we witnessed in December.