TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. vrexus

vrexus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Still wish I could get gaming mode to work. For whatever reason, the 1050ti version of this laptop gaming mode does not turn the fan on and it stays at default (even if temps hit 90c or more), wonder what cyberpowerpc couldve done. I can run the fan on manually in office mode but this caps cpu at 35w.

2. Trevayne10

Trevayne10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks, Blebleuh!

3. Trevayne10

Trevayne10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm sure we can just leave the M.2 SATA SSD exactly where it is is, in slot 1 (out of the box), then install an NVMe PCIe SSD in the second (empty slot - i have a 500 GB Samsung EVO NVMe SSD), install Windows (and OP apps/ suites) on IT, and then make it the boot device in the BIOS or boot device menu. Then wipe all the partitions off the M.2 SATA SSD and use it for games / apps / storage...? I like to have my OS booting on the fastest possible device.

4. clone1008

clone1008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I noticed that my Turbo Boost Power and Short Power Max are different. Is this something I should change to match yours?
    [​IMG]

em0ney14 likes this.
  5. scottydo42

scottydo42 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So, is this safe to say I can return my second 16gb ram stick? My laptop comes in tomorrow so I cannot do any testing, but this seems very promising. Is there any real noticeable advantages having dual channel? I think 32gb is overkill for my needs.

6. oneintheblack

oneintheblack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmmm. Interesting. My TS was at 65w power max and 80w short power max initially. TS author said to run it at 52/70 for the 8750. I have the link saved if your interested

7. killerkhatiby009

killerkhatiby009 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's interesting... I did not set those on my machine those are the default values it came with so I'm not sure why it's different. Do you have the 15+ with the 1060 or is that the 17in or 1050 model?

In any case, I'd try running a stress test like the TS Bench 1024M with 12 threads and if your machine maintains the full 3.9GHz boost frequency for the entire test theres no need to change those values since it is already running at the maximum anyway. You can try a longer test too if you want but basically just check if your machine can maintain enough power draw to run at the max frequency under a full load for a while. You could also try running both a CPU and GPU stress test at the same time like aida64 and heaven at the same time and make sure it's not throttling due to the 45W limit it is set to.

If it isn't maintaining that boost and the temperatures are still within reason then you can try raising the 45W to 55W. If it doesn't change anything after setting it via ThrottleStop then try setting it via XTU as well because they are actually setting the value in different places and different machines are set to use the value from different places and I'm not sure where the OP laptop is reading it from since I haven't needed to mess with it.

8. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:

Some games will still benefit with having dual sticks in place. I plan to go to dual stick totaling 32gb in one laptop and 16gb on the other.

9. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot for your feedback

10. Nitroturtle

Nitroturtle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    He's what my 17+ looks like stock. It's maintaining 39x without issues.

Attached Files: