TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:

[​IMG]

This was supposedly in a Walmart in Colorado. FYI, Esports Arena is the logo you see on the O in the OP logo.. :D

2. oneintheblack

oneintheblack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

3. Johnazz

Johnazz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't do graphic design so I don't know whether the integrated graphics is good or not. But given the prevalence of UHD630 and the two software, you might be able to find that answer on google.

As for the bios, there's good news! People are already working on modifying the bios (see here) and there's a hidden option allowing disabling the internal graphic card, which opens the door to drive the gtx1060. But we don't whether that option actually works before one can unhide it. Just hope for the best before it's done.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  4. Johnazz

Reputations:
    Which Walmart is this one? Colorado Springs? Might be checking it out.

5. Johnazz

Reputations:
    This doesn't happen on my hackintosh. So this would not be BIOS or EC related. Look at windows and softwares (e.g. control center).

6. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/esports-arena-opens-walmart-venues-1203024499/

"Esports Arena, North America’s first dedicated esports facility, recently announced it’s bringing competitive gaming to Walmart shoppers.

It plans to open and operate five arenas within Walmart stores. The first three are in Roseville, Calif., Spokane Valley, Wash., and Colorado Springs, Col. Two additional locations will arrive at a later date. All of them will hold league nights during the weekdays and tournaments on the weekends. They will also have open play hours daily, so customers can train together, try out new products, or practice for upcoming matches. Streaming events and merchandise are expected in the coming months.

All of the Walmart arenas are equipped with the retailer’s new line of gaming PCs called Overpowered by Esports Arena. The line launched exclusively on Walmart’s website last week and includes three laptops and three desktop PCs."

Johnazz likes this.
  7. killerkhatiby009

killerkhatiby009 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I could make a video if it is really needed but I'm not a content producer like that at all so it probably wouldn't be very good lol. It's just a few check boxes so it's quite simple.

Try running TS Bench with 12 threads (or any other CPU stress test) to see if your CPU can hold 3.9GHz for extended periods of time, if so then you really don't need to worry about the power limits since it is still working at the maximum capability of the chip. Here are some screenshots of how I have it configured. Let me know if you need any more info about things.

OverPowered Control Center

1. Set Fan Mode to Gaming
      • [​IMG]
    2. Set Performance Mode to Equilibrium and Windows 10 Power Mode to Better Performance (although ultimately neither of these matter once you enable Speed Shift)
      • [​IMG]
    ThrottleStop

1. TPL Window
      • Check Speed Shift
        • Note: once this is enabled you cannot disable it without fully shutting down (the check box will become grayed out/disabled)
      • Set Min and Max to 1 and 41
      • Check Enable Speed Shift when ThrottleStop starts if you want it to automatically enable it each time ThrottleStop starts.
      • Hit Apply
      • [​IMG]
    2. Main Window
      • Check Speed Shift EPP and set value to 84
      • Uncheck BDPROCHOT
      • Hit Save
      • [​IMG]
    3. FIVR Window
      • My machine had instability at -0.125V undervolt that Bob recommended so I have mine set a little lower. Everyone's machine will be different here so don't take my values as absolute either.
      • Set Core Voltage Offset to -0.120
      • [​IMG]
      • Set Cache Voltage Offset to -0.115
      • [​IMG]

richierich, nimaim, gotchapt and 10 others like this.
  8. Trevayne10

Trevayne10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    But out of the box, it is impossible to move the stock 256GB M.2 SATA to the second (empty) slot, and then install an NVMe PCI SSD in the first slot, install Windows on, then and make it bootable from the BIOS, correct?

9. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:

Thanks. I hit my max score of 1241 in CB

Edit: Just to clarify that I am running 100% stock components in my rig which means single stick of RAM.

Not much but just hit 1237 twice and then hit 1242. Nice consistent scores.

Cinebench Max 1241.jpg
    Max 1242 cb.jpg

10. Johnazz

Reputations:
    It seems undervolt the iGPU (e.g. by -90mv) brings up CB score by 10 to 20.

Installed64 likes this.