TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. em0ney14

em0ney14 Notebook Guru

Reputations:

cpu is pulling 3.9 so there isn't a reason to push more wattage to it. should be fine imo

B0B and jppflg like this.
  2. clone1008

clone1008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's on a sticker when you take the bottom cover off. I don't think there is any difference that has been noted between the Oct/Nov release dates.

3. jppflg

jppflg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've seen a bunch of talk about Gaming Center not having the ability to change the front bar to white.

What happens when you uncheck "Colorful"? This turns my front bar white.

4. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just repasted with liquid metal (Conductonaut), and I'm extremely pleased. I can never go back to traditional paste now. Compared to the Arctic MX-4 I had before, average CPU temps are down 7-8C after an hour of AIDA64 full CPU+GPU burn, fans at max for a fair comparison. Never hit 80C. Without the GPU in the test, I'm getting mid 50's. The spread in the cores' temps are much tighter as well. If you want lower temps, I would highly recommend liquid metal. This is the first time I've used it and it went without a hitch after watching a few guides. I just electrical taped around each die and spread a thin layer on the dies as well as the heatsink.

Here are the results before with MX-4 and after with Conductonaut:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Johnazz

Johnazz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know why I can't install gaming center from any brand?

I originally have overpowered control center then I uninstalled it to try other brands', but no matter which control/gaming center I try, the installer just quits immediately after I double click it.

6. nimaim

nimaim Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Very nice... keep in mind though it's also very, very easy to do this: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/misjahs-guide-on-how-not-to-liquid-metal-repaste.805338/. Even if you are careful and limit the amount you put on, it is very easy for LM to get dislodged when you transport it. @Falkentyne posted a good way to set up a barrier to help protect against this: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...r-liquid-metal-safety-insurance-guide.817207/.

LM is definitely amazing stuff but please take the necessary precautions. And yes I'm repeating myself because people will post amazing results/benchmarks and others will go applying it on impulse and screwing something up. This is not like thermal paste whatsoever and it should not be treated as such; it touches one cap or resistor and you're done, and neither Walmart nor OP is going to fix that for you.

Personally, I'm happy enough with Kryonaut, same as @B0B applied in his OP videos, along with many others in this thread.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  7. clone1008

clone1008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ditto here with the Kryonaut. I depend on my rig to much for business and travel to risk one little itsy bitsy teeny weeny drop running out and frying everything.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

8. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Finally got that carbon fiber look. Took way longer than I expected. Honestly, it looks better in the pictures than in real life. I tried to show the laptop in its best light so you can't really see the numerous small air/dust bubbles, especially on the lid. I couldn't avoid them to save my life. Still, I'm pretty satisfied with the results. I opted to keep the microphone and lock ports covered up because I've never used them in my life.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. nhidog

nhidog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    AliExpress has battery in stock for $75.66, I'd buy it if I could sell the old battery. Doubt there's a market for that.

US $75.66 | New Genuine laptop batteries for GK5CN-00-13-4S1P-0,GK5CN6Z,GK5CN-00-13-3S1P-0,15.2V,4 cell
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cVITQTIY

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

arcticjoe likes this.
  10. arcticjoe

arcticjoe Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone know whether this laptop supports the new 32gb SODIMMs? Would love to push it up to 64GB RAM, it would make a really nice portable VM lab.