TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Antoine van Daalen

Antoine van Daalen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I had the same issue, What I did with my fresh Windows install is not connect to Wifi so that windows cannot automatically install drivers. (Ofcourse I downloaded all up-to-date drivers before and put them on my 2,5” HDD) after I installed all my drivers I connected to Wifi to setup steam etc.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

2. Nates4Christ

Nates4Christ Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Did you install all of the drivers on the OP 2 package?

3. Ramihyn

Ramihyn Newbie

Reputations:
    Cannot reproduce this with my Medion X6807. I waited for my power supply drop to 37% and then started Intel XTU benchmark. The cores still rose up to 2,200 Mhz, temps up to 45 degrees centigrade (overall score was some bad 720, but on battery this was no surprise). After I plugged in the 180 watts brick, I immediately rerun the benchmark twice, and the cores did speed up to 3,700 Mhz with a score of 1422.
    When the notebook is cold, booted up and the XTU benchmark is performed, the score even runs up to 1522.

4. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My laptop seems to enter 800MHz throttling zone between 25%-30% remaining battery. I just did another test. Upon plugging in the computer, nothing happens. Changing power modes has no effect. Rebooting the computer fixes it...

5. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:

Have you found a way to effectively remove the "Overpowered" branding located on the upper left of the keyboard?

6. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Crosspost from the 17" inch thread.

After exhaustive testing with OP Gaming Center 1.2.2.8 and MyAPP 1.6.1.0 and 1.4.11.0, I wanted to post information about my findings. If you are happy with the lighting and fan controls of your current Control Center/Gaming Center, then disregard this post.

Using MyAPP lighting and fan control software on Tongfang GK5CN4, GK5CN5Z, GK5CN6Z, or ZGK7CN6S model laptops:

MyAPP is a lighting and fan control software designed for previous generation of Tongfang laptops, but I find it superior than later Control Center / Gaming Center programs that are distributed by various companies such as Eluktronics, CyberpowerPC, OVERPOWERED, etc. It has a cleaner, lighter user interface, and simplified controls which accomplish everything I need. Caveats of using this software include: no lightbar control with MyAPP and dedicated fan control button will not work (cannot find fix besides using using other software).

SPECIAL NOTES
    -Lightbar settings must still be controlled with OEM Control Center / Gaming Center. I have not found a way to control my lightbar with MyAPP. This is "set it and forget it"; you may set your preferred lightbar color in the other software, save, then reboot and it will stick forever. [EDIT: some users are reporting success with lightbar controls using MyAPP, but you must still keep Control/Gaming Center installed]
    -It is recommended that you disable Control Center / Gaming Center on startup. There will be a duplicate "OEM" task on startup you can disable.
    -OEM Control Center / Gaming Center normally runs with higher privileges than MyAPP. Thus you will encounter issues when running both simultaneously.
    -You must save after each change you make to "lighting effect" and "welcome effect". The most recent save will stick through reboot, regardless of which lighting program is used.
    -Use version 1.6.1.0 or later. MyAPP version 1.4.11.0 will work with the Tongfang laptop models listed, but has issues:
    - User mode lighting is missing several keys (they will not illuminate)
    - Color calibration is off (orange looks yellow, yellow looks green, etc.)
    - Fan smart mode seems to run at higher fan rpm's on idle

Download link to ZIP file (of MyAPP version 1.6.1.0)

I have the Tongfang 17" so if someone wants to test this method on a 15" that would be great. [EDIT: tested and working, thanks @ZaiArgylle]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Blebleuh, ZaiArgylle and Snamuh2 like this.
  7. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks! Will check it out ASAP

8. clone1008

clone1008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I went ahead and ordered the replacement battery which obviously eliminates the hdd. I have replaced the stock ssd with a high performance nvme...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BRCLMTS?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

Any suggestions on a cheaper 2nd ssd for the open slot? I don't need high performance but would like something at 1tb.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

9. Antoine van Daalen

Antoine van Daalen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No, I used BTO (dutch retailer) drivers and the latest Mechrevo Gaming Center. I have the Recoil II btw.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

10. Kjammer

Kjammer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you have a tutorial on changing out the battery? Or is it pretty striaght forward? I have built desktops before but want to make sure when I replace my overpowered laptops battery, I am doing it right? Is there any other places to get a great quality battery you know of, currently it sounds like they are sold out...

Also I was thinking of trying out the Getac B010-00-000005, 4ICP5/63/117 15.2V 4900mAh original battery instead.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019