TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Johnazz

Johnazz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Were you able to see a hidden option that allows the internal graphics be disabled?

If yes, this would be huge for hackintosh on this laptop, as every other aspects work beautifully in hackintosh now except can't drive the gtx1060 because the inability to disable the internal graphics (UHD630).

Snamuh2 likes this.
  2. Johnazz

Reputations:
    Yes, everything works beautifully except the Gtx1060. Here's the EFI files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CKDKafwRkKc4UFJ5Di72upjpLCt0RMB2

I saw some people in this post are working on modifying the bios. If there's an option in the bios that could disable the internal graphics, uhd630, then gtx1060 will be able to be driven. And this laptop would be the ultimate hackintosh laptop. It runs faster than the i9 MacBook Pro in cinebench, after removing the power throttle, with better graphics, expandable storage at a much much cheaper price.

3. billycuth

billycuth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for this. My code kept telling me it was invalid and I emailed support and they never responded.

When I entered it the first time, I got an offer to enter some type of program for access to another site with more games. So it seems to work as mentioned. Weird that Walmart's email takes you to the wrong address.

Nova _nYc likes this.
  4. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I was quite content with the latest from OP. Everything was working per my expectations.

billycuth and ZaiArgylle like this.
  5. pure.wisdom

pure.wisdom Newbie

Reputations:
    We should use virtual smc instead fakesmc. And I will config again to match well

Snamuh2 likes this.
  6. ZaiArgylle

ZaiArgylle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello Bob, thanks for everything you've done so far spreading the message in regards to this piece of equipment.

I'd love to try out flashing to 1.05, but OP only provided the AFU flash tool, which, to my basic understanding, seems to be a riskier tool than running it via UEFI. Is there any option to update to N.1.05 besides running the flashing tool mentioned beforehand?

I noticed it also turn to that color when regular boot sequence is interrupted (i.e. getting into BIOS), so I'm guessing it must related to some sort of default setting, but I might be wrong.

7. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I also experienced this issue. Try checking your startup programs (ctrl+alt+del) and see if multiple instances of lighting control software are launching on startup. Look for programs named “OEM ______” and try disabling all but one, then reboot and try the next one. For me, I actually stopped launching Control Center (also called Gaming Center) on startup and am running an older Mechrevo software instead. I am on the 17” version of this chassis, but it’s very similar.

Another thought would be to check your keyboard lighting options in the BIOS and make sure they aren’t conflicting with your software preferences.

Regarding Nvidia control panel: you may want to try downloading and installing GeForce Experience to install the latest video drivers. My system does have a control panel, but the options are very limited. For instance, I don’t have an option to set a custom resolution (screenshot below).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    ZaiArgylle likes this.
  8. Johnazz

Reputations:
    Let us know how that works out. If better, please share your EFI. Thanks.

Snamuh2 likes this.
  9. Johnazz

Reputations:
    I know many have tried setting power adapter in OEMsev to 180w, which is the option 2. Any one tried the option 1, which is labeled ?w in the first post in this thread?

I know the adapter that came with the op15+ is 180w. But setting to option 2 only relaxes the cpu power limit to 65w. I would like to increase it further, without XTU. If anyone tried the option 1, please let us know can you go beyond 65w when benchmarking cpu, e.g. cinebench.

10. Johnazz

Reputations:
    Looking at the Geekbench score for overpowered 15+ and 17+, overpowered 17+ scores slightly better and the reason seems to be the ram bandwidth is higher than 15+'s: 32gb/s vs 28gb/s. Wonder if this difference is caused by hardware difference or firmware difference.